The Start of My Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snausages01

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all of your help, HBT is a great place.

Kegging equipment should be here by the end of the week, but I still need quite a few other parts (burners, pumps, chiller, another freezer, ect...) before it is completely operational. I hope to have it up and running in a few months.

:mug:

Just after receiving everything:
StandFermenter.jpg

Here it is in it's new home:
DSC_4348.jpg

Two beers currently fermenting (pumpkin ale on the bottom and honey blond on top):
PumpkinHoneyBlond2.jpg

Thanks for looking,
-Chris

Damn, that is nice and shiny. Can I get your street address, so I can come down late one night and check it out. It'd be best if you just leave the car out and the garage open so it's not as hard for me to load it.

Seriously though, very nice.

That's alot of dough!
It wasn't cheap, but I don't mind spending the money on things I enjoy. Hell, thats why I work. :mug: It was either this or another one of these:

120-Jan-27-2007.jpg

where did you get the stand one and how much? I need to get a single tier or multi going.
I bought it from another member on this board. There was a nice one in San Deigo a week or so back; I'd check to see if it was still available.

Man. That is one clean garage. ;)

Only because the beer equipment had to fit in there. I tend to be a bit of a box collector. I keep most of the boxes from large purchases because this isn't a permanent home (2-3 years maybe?), but I had to throw them all away. The trash only comes once a week here, and they won’t pick up anything unless it is in the trash can. I had to cut them all up and it took me about 4 weeks to finally dispose of most of them even with filling up the neighbor's cans.:D I had to hang the bikes on the ceiling too.

Box collecting one of your hobbies too? :)

Stand and pots I got in the classifieds on here.
Conical and other fermenters came from AHS (great vendor).
Kegs and CO2 tanks came from Keg Connection (great vendor).
Freezer came from Lowes, it was on sale.

I've still got a quite a bit left to order to finish the stand, but right now I'm waiting for the Hurricane Burners to get back in stock. Also, I'm trying to 'pace' my purchases with some trips and the holidays coming up.

Box collecting one of your hobbies too? :)

Stand and pots I got in the classifieds on here.
Conical and other fermenters came from AHS (great vendor).
Kegs and CO2 tanks came from Keg Connection (great vendor).
Freezer came from Lowes, it was on sale.

I've still got a quite a bit left to order to finish the stand, but right now I'm waiting for the Hurricane Burners to get back in stock. Also, I'm trying to 'pace' my purchases with some trips and the holidays coming up.

And you think SW aquaria and beer brewing can be expensive, wait till you get into the A4523 line of boxes. Talk about debt management.

I'll have to keep an eye out on the classifieds here. Looks very nice. And I agree on those other 2 vendors, both are local and offer excellent customer service.

BTW, how big is the conical?

It wasn't cheap, but I don't mind spending the money on things I enjoy. Hell, thats why I work. :mug: It was either this or another one of these:

120-Jan-27-2007.jpg

I bought it from another member on this board. There was a nice one in San Deigo a week or so back; I'd check to see if it was still available.

Nice Reef!

Thanks for all the comments about the setup and reef. :)

What are A4523s? I Yahoo!-ed, but came up with a blood centrifuge....

The conical is 14 gallons.

I've spent the past few early evenings preparing the kegs for the two batches fermenting right now. I thought I was going to get them kegged tonight, but the phone rang and an hour later it was dark. :( However, I do have two of them ready to go with starsan, so I should be kegging tomorrow. I'll be sure to update the thread with pictures as things progress.

I've been busy lately with work and holidays, but I finally made a little more progress on the build.

Brewer-1-2-10.jpg

Brewery-1-2-10.jpg

The fermenter in the freezer. It is a Kenmore 14 ft^3. The fermenter fits nicely with the door shelves removed.
Fermenter-1-2-10.jpg

Some beers curently fermenting and a keg of chocolate stout waiting to carb since the pressure release valve started leaking when I moved it to the kegerator. The left is a klosch and the right is an amber.
Beers-1-2-10.jpg

The kegerator that was built a month or so ago, I posted this in the build thread too.
DSC_4386.jpg

Beautiful setup!

What model chest freezer are you using for the keezer? I'm building one this month and like the look of that one. Thanks.

Thanks for the compliments.

It is a Frigidaire 14.8 ft^3. I got it on sale at Lowes for $340 with tax. It will fit 8 kegs and a 10 lb CO2 tank, but it is tight. I don't have the model number right now because I'm not at the house, and I couldn't find it on Lowes site, but I'll look for it when I get to the house.

I like how Doc has his price per pint calculated. I may have to do it for mine, but I am scared to because I know it is definitely up there. :)

Back