conversion kit for 5 gallon rubbermaid cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve973

Reaction score
I have a conversion kit for my 10 gallon igloo cooler, and I like it a lot. This is the kit that supplies a weldless bulkhead and ball valve to convert the spout-hole in the cooler to a useable valve. I'd also like to find one of these for my 5 gallon rubbermaid cooler, but I haven't had any luck in finding one so far. It's really irritating to have to use a 1-hole stopper in the bottom because i fear that we'll knock it out and ruin a day of brewing when all of the mash liquid pours out of the cooler. Something similar to what we use for the 10 gallon cooler would be great for the 5 gallon orange rubbermaid cooler.

Suggestions, please?

Go to Depot and build one, lot of us have the same cooler. Very easy, couldn't tell you an exact cost because I ended up buying too many pieces, but probably not much more than $20 or so.

Instructions here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8805

Don't be afraid of the plumbing department. Plumbers put their pants on one leg at a time, they just don't hitch them up all the way.

Target should have the Blue Rubbermaid Victory Cooler for $19.99. It may still be on sale for $17.99. The bulkhead will fit just fine as it works great on mine.

Back