Finally. Legal Weed Approved!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have it?

weedcaps.jpg

weedales.jpg

The bottle cap simply states: "Try Legal Weed". It's a play on words that was meant to draw attention to the town in which the beer is made.
But the Bureau "censors" seemed to take issue with that bottle cap and declined to approve the registration of that slogan. Even the U.S. Treasury branch rejected it because drug references are banned on alcoholic beverages due to federal laws. Well somehow, things have suddenly changed.
http://tinyurl.com/669e2y

Good for them. Maybe they will get beer snobs and pot heads to buy there beer

I was just up in weed about 2 weeks ago and had the opportunity to try the Shastafarian Porter. very good. I just wish I could find it down in San Diego. Good for him. I can't believe people would put up a fuss about that. literally almost everything in that town plays on the name.

I read about that a few weeks ago. I didn't know labels had to be approved. And you thought this country was free. ;)

Wow. That is great that he won, but man this freaks me out big time:

""They acted like Big Brother. They said I was guilty of a thought crime," Dillmann said of his six-month battle with the authorities."

This month's BYO Replicator is of their Abner Weed Amber Ale... the article even mentions the entanglement.

Lately the brewery is also embroiled in a battle with the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms over their bottle caps that reads, "Try Legal Weed."
Funny.

Back