Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolomieu said:
its under the fungi family i believe. i've got no skin that game. i just know some and they get bummed if i use any finning agents.

btw ive been listening to a lot of melvins. they just played in town but i missed them.

Anyone going to Riot Fest??

The Denver line-up looks like crap except for a few bands. Bad religion Flag Iggy and the stooges. Haven't seen any other dates yet. If it comes out to LA I might

And of course the two that catch my eye for Chicago are The Selecter and the Maytals. A few others I wouldn't mind seeing. But none of it worth traveling to Chitown over.

many years ago in Vegas, me & a bunch of friends went to see The Slackers at The Sanctuary. tensions were high all night since there were different crews (punk & skin) and none of them got along very well. Slackers just got done with their set & started back up for an encore when when a full on skinhead brawl broke out. they didn't play an encore.

I might have already told this story, but I'm not looking back to find out.

This should be a good time. Agent Orange always tears it up. And Amerikan Made is my buddy's band.

image-798816383.jpg

I am not a punk. I am not a skin. I claim no such thing as I am only Billy the Klubb. I stand right between the two. I have been called a fence walker. I have been called a n*****. been shot at, cut, beaten, and had my teeth busted for standing where I do. your personal politics are not my business. I carve out my own living for me & my family. flocc the rest of it. and if you say, "I used to be a *whatever*", then you never were. there is no "used to". or maybe I have had enough beer tonight. and just maybe it's time for bed.

nope, just busy building this stupid ferm chamber. converting an old dresser. wish i knew how to work with wood as well as i know how to get drunk.

Love these guys. Saw them on their "farewell to L.A. Tour. With D.I. Great show.

Last edited by a moderator:
DOA is great. Haven't listened to them in forever. I listened to Loggerheads nonstop in high school:

[ame]http://youtu.be/EWCKHt8KyTo[/ame]

i just saw the Utters play on June 1st. pretty good show. way better then the bands that opened for them....Anger, and The Goddamn Gallows.

Ya. Haven't seen em play since '99 when they released that split with youth brigade. They both played that show. Great time.

OK, I know I may catch some flak for this, but I don't care. I still like a lot of Green Day's stuff from 1991-1997. A lot of their newer stuff just completely blows goats, but there's something about those first 6 years. Maybe it's the fact that I'm reminiscing about when I first discovered punk music, but I still enjoy most of their older stuff.

BTW, I still love the more punk rock stuff. I'm rocking out to this right now...

And this...

dfc said:
Flame away. I can handle it.

Ne'er a complaint here. Seen 'em play a whole lot of times. May have aol out in a lot of ways, but they are still more punk as people than half of the new "punk rock" bands out there.

Saw Agent Orange tear it up last night. Great show. Hell. Every band sounded great. The crowd was cool. A nice mix of your usual Orange County punk show crowd. The punx, the skins. It was a good time. And the pit effin rocked!

HellBound said:
Saw Agent Orange tear it up last night. Great show. Hell. Every band sounded great. The crowd was cool. A nice mix of your usual Orange County punk show crowd. The punx, the skins. It was a good time. And the pit effin rocked!

I've been meaning to see the when they come through atl

Hulud said:
I've been meaning to see the when they come through atl

You should. That's twice I've seen em in the last year and it's always a great show. I love it when the opening bands seem to step up their act when they know there's a legend coming on stage after them.

HellBound said:
You should. That's twice I've seen em in the last year and it's always a great show. I love it when the opening bands seem to step up their act when they know there's a legend coming on stage after them.

Yea it's tough in Atl cause the scene is so behind the times. It's so tough to find a show unless you have time to go to shows ad get flyers. Working retail ****s up my free time lol

Hulud said:
Yea it's tough in Atl cause the scene is so behind the times. It's so tough to find a show unless you have time to go to shows ad get flyers. Working retail ****s up my free time lol

Ya I hear ya. That's one thing about living in L.A....... the punk scene never faded completely. Crazy high cost of living, great punk shows every weekend.

daggers_nz said:
didn't get into Greed Day as such but still spin my childhood favorites such as Blink-182, Offspring etc

Best thing about Blink, IMO , was all the little girlies that loved them. :mug:

Haven't listened to any Green Day in a long time. Never was into them that much. I did see them open up for Bad Religion in high school. $5 show. Good times.

Back