Storing Homebrew Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IL1kebeer

Reaction score
Where do you all store your brewing equipment? Just looking for creative ideas to help me find a place for all my stuff. SWMBO wont be happy for long if it continues to take up random space in the kitchen and garage.

I keep all mine in a junk armour...free standing closet in the basement. My burner stays outside in the garage. Brewday is a bit of a pain as much of the gear gets hauled up and outside, but the garage is too small to keep it all in. Kyle
8390757226_1a67b3ff82_z.jpg

Here's a shot of my old printer stand re-purposed as a fermenter stand/storage unit;
http://
Empty bottles in the boxes in the corner. I've since started puting full bottles in boxes upstairs where it's more evenly warmer.

We have a spare bedroom with a closet that's mine and it's stored there.

What I also do is store my wash only stuff (kettle, lid, mash paddle, thermometer) in one area and then store my wash and sanitize stuff together. Since I dont' have burners or things of that sort it's easier.

At my brother's we stash everything under the basement stairs, out of sight out of mind.

I have a corner in the garage for my brewing things and tools. And whatever the wife wants put away

image-1846826628.jpg

image-1346311192.jpg

I have a few plastic totes that I. put all of e equipment, extra grain, and other stuff in. Stack them on shelves in the basement with my brew pots.

I have way more equipment than any of the pictures here. I have a couple of shelving racks full of various equipment and whatnot, and the brew kettle, pump, filter, and associated hoses stay on my makeshift brewstand which is actually a portable scaffold.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Definitely will help me figure out what I am going to do. Probably will be on Craigslist looking when I get back from vacation.

Buckets, pots and burner on shelves in the garage, buckets and pots covered with upside down bags to keep 'em clean and dust free. All the miscellaneous stuff in a couple of clear Rubbermaid totes. One is a long shallow one to keep siphons, thiefs, cleaning brushes, spoons, paddles, etc. The other is a standard tub, but it has a shallow insert that drops in that's great for all the little bits I may need at any time. Big stuff down below that I only need on brew days.

I'm jealous of everyone with basements. Since we don't have them out here, I am using a corner in the garage with multiple shelves, bins and a peg board. Looks like I will be putting in a shed for all of the lawn equipment if I want to ever get my car back in the garage.

Containers, containers, containers

I've found that if you put everything into nice, neat, stackable containers, it looks much cleaner and will likely be more acceptable to SWMBO, even if it doesn't technically take up less space. The upside for you is that this will keep you (at least somewhat) organized. I bought a 12-back of plastic containers (I think they were intended to store pairs of shoes in?) from Costco, as well as some larger plastic bins to store larger stuff. I have one large bin for all of the regular cold side hoses and equipment, and another one for all of the brettanomyces cold side hoses and equipment.

There is a spare fridge/freezer for hops/yeast/beer, etc., and all grain is in mylar bags that I bought off of ebay in bulk, and the bags are put into plastic bins to put out of the way. Base grain are in 40-lb Vittles Vault containers, although I used to keep it in larger mylar bags which were put into buckets.

Back