Up coming tours and concerts...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread about any up coming tours or shows and if they were any good..I heard Van Halen is touring in 2012...Tickets are available in January..I saw them with Sammy, but never with Roth.. We will see if the show goes past the first one..Hopefully they can bury the hatchet and play some of there best songs...
I'm also excited to see Black Sabbath is gonna try and do one more tour..I hope Ozzy and Bill Ward can make through a world tour..We will see. I saw then a few times, Should be a good one.

I like going to see the 80's era bands out on tour today. Iron Maiden flat killed it last summer. They sounded just like they did back in the day. I saw Poison and Cinderella two summers ago. Brett Michaels always brings it, but Cinderella was horrid. I was embarrassed for them.

Not sure who form the 80's era is touring this summer but I'll probably try to catch a show or two.

I caught Kid Rock and Cheryl (sp?) Crowe last summer too......probably one of my top three concerts of all time. Highly recommended.

I saw Van Halen on the last stop of their last tour with Roth. Great show, except Wolfgang's playing, which was fine, but he basically stood there with about as much charisma as one of those cardboard cutouts you see at the movie theater. Blah.

But the music rocked.

Tickets were VERY pricey. I probably wouldn't pay that much to see them again, but since my friend bought us tickets it was worth it. **Note that VH is one of my favorite bands ever.

I'm looking out for Extreme to tour, and I'd love to see TSO again, but it happen this year. Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot would be great again. Not sure if they are touring in my area. Chad Smith is not playing with them right now due to RHCP engagements, but they have a very talented fill-in until he's freed up again.

I live in a somewhat remote area. Closest place we got is Grand Rapids, and a lot of acts pass it by.

I saw Van Halen on the last stop of their last tour with Roth. Great show, except Wolfgang's playing, which was fine, but he basically stood there with about as much charisma as one of those cardboard cutouts you see at the movie theater. Blah.

But the music rocked.

Tickets were VERY pricey. I probably wouldn't pay that much to see them again, but since my friend bought us tickets it was worth it. **Note that VH is one of my favorite bands ever.

I'm looking out for Extreme to tour, and I'd love to see TSO again, but it happen this year. Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot would be great again. Not sure if they are touring in my area. Chad Smith is not playing with them right now due to RHCP engagements, but they have a very talented fill-in until he's freed up again.

I live in a somewhat remote area. Closest place we got is Grand Rapids, and a lot of acts pass it by.

If they can play with Roth, then they can play with Micheal Anthony. Micheal's also playing with Chickenfoot. If the VH tix aren't through the roof, I'll probably get some. Maybe they will play Fenway, who knows.

I saw the foo fighter's a month ago and it was one of the best shows I'd ever seen. 3 hour set list. I'm a big fan of Dave Grohl. He puts on a great show..

It was a good show.

My friend's brother is a big Foo Fighter fan along with his wife. He says that they have some of the best show's he's been to.

Man you guys are old...no metal shows? I mean, i didn't honestly expect any of you to like electronic music, but no newer metal? :(

Man you guys are old...no metal shows? I mean, i didn't honestly expect any of you to like electronic music, but no newer metal? :(

Haha....Thanks. I'm early 40's and like most of the current stuff as well. I've seen Sevendust perform at least five times. Last time was right on the front rail. :rockin:

I'd love the opportunity to see Tool, but they've never toured anyplace near me.

No, but my wife and I watched the new video on the internet. I think it was called Tattoo.

Lame.

Boring.

I sincerely hope they have MUCH better tunes on the new album when it comes out.

It was bad, but I guess I'm still forkin over big bucks for tickets tomorrow to go see them...

Haha....Thanks. I'm early 40's and like most of the current stuff as well. I've seen Sevendust perform at least five times. Last time was right on the front rail. :rockin:

I'd love the opportunity to see Tool, but they've never toured anyplace near me.

Love sevendust..not metal, but still an awesome band none the less. I've seen them 3 times.

Seen VH on their last tour just before the infighting that cancelled the remaining dates. Very good show. Saw Rush the following month and they just absolutely killed it. Probably the best concert I have been to.

I saw VH last night at Mohegan Sun in CT..Gotta love Diamond Dave. He probably the happiest front man ever..Smiling from ear to ear all night.. What a showman. Even though Dave can't hit those high notes, It was still a great show. Unchained, panama, Ice cream man, hot for teacher etc..Only negative is I missed Micheal Anthony. Nobody can do the harmonies like him...

Might go see YOB with Atlas Moth, Loss, Pallbearer, and Wolvhammer at the end of the month. :D

Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper doing a short tour together in the late spring/early summer. Hoping I can make it to a show

Opeth, Mastodon, and Ghost are playing near me on April 14th I think. Should be a awesome show. I saw Opeth in Detroit last October and it was great.

I see Rammstein is coming to North America for a tour. I really would like to go but the wife isn't into them. I hear they put on a great show though I wish I knew German so I could understand them more. The music is good though.

Phish is touring this summer and so is String Cheese! Hopefully I can make it to a few shows and festivals, but likely I will be doing a forestry internship over the summer which means no festivals and no brewing :(

I remember parts of a couple Phish shows and once I could even see the stage through the "haze" in the air. I've seen Tool four times now and have to say it is my favorite band to see live.

Went to this show last night:

http://www.experiencehendrixtour.com/

It is a tribute to Jimi Hendrix with a great lineup of musicians. Last night was the first show. THe roster changes a bit as the shows progress. Every song was a Hendrix song and EVERYONE that played was just amazing.

The artists that played last night were:

Performance Roster:

Featuring Billy Cox- bass player for the Band Of Gypsys (for you youngsters, this was one of Hendrix's bands, played at Woodstock)
Buddy Guy
Jonny Lang
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Dweezil Zappa
Brad Whitford Of Aerosmith
Chris Layton Of Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
Eric Gales
Mato Nanji of Indigenous.

Well worth the money spent.

Opeth, Mastodon, and Ghost are playing near me on April 14th I think. Should be a awesome show. I saw Opeth in Detroit last October and it was great.

Ghost alone are worth it. they sound like Blue Oyster Cult with satanic lyrics. that band would be huge on the radio if they weren't singing about dead human sacrifices

I am going to the Opeth/Ghost/Mastodon show. I'm pretty excited about seeing Opeth and Ghost but I'll probably bail on Mastodon. I'm also going to see Rammstein. Tickets are ridiculously expensive. Last year I paid $90 per ticket on Ebay. This year it cost $100 per ticket, from Ticketmaster, to sit in the same exact seats. I'll work a little OT, have a great time at the show and forget all about the cost. They do put on a great show.

Saw Here Come the Mummies last weekend, and I'm taking the girlfriend to see The Black Keys tomorrow night...and hopefully to a few breweries/craft beer pubs downtown first...

Back