app for android?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeyfisherman

Reaction score
My computer is junk.so I do all my web surfing with my Droid phone. I was wondering if anyone uses an app that would be similiar to beersmith that i could download. I am a ways off from recipe creation but i thought it would be fun to play with.

I like to mess around with Brewzor Pro. I'm sure you could find some better apps if you look. I haven't downloaded any others, but it's free and it works.

To be honest, I have downloaded about 3 or 4 apps and haven't really liked any of them. I use BeerSmith and none of them are anything like it.

To be honest, I have downloaded about 3 or 4 apps and haven't really liked any of them. I use BeerSmith and none of them are anything like it.

+1 I've done some Android app development and as much as I hate Apple I use an iPad for aviation and brewing applications, Android just doesn't have anything really worthy in those categories.

nukinfuts29 said:
I love Brewzor Pro

I 3rd brewzor. Not as good as beersmith but it's fun to play with at work. I use homebrew calculator for, well, calculating stuff

Brewzor is excellent, but it's much more useful if you're an AG brewer. When I was doing extract it wasn't as useful since I didn't use most of the calculators. Since I moved to AG it's an invaluable tool for me, and something I have on my belt where I don't have to run to my computer for Beersmith. It's free currently as well since it's in Beta, but the developer announced on his site that he is indeed working toward full-on Brewzor 2, but it may be a while before it comes out.

I have an old iPhone 3G that I often use simply as a timer on brew day since I don't have any care if it were to get wet and I'd thought about buying BrewPal since it looks quite nice and is only 99 cents, but the reviews were tanking it - waaay too many complaints of crashing and wiping out the entire recipe database so I passed. But, it doesn't matter cause I've been very happy with Brewzor and wind up just using my Droid 2 for the timer now.

Rev.

Back