agh.. was it really 1992?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just realised something. I started brewing in 1992. Thats...15 years ago. I feel old now. <sigh> and I turned 35 ten days ago. <huge sigh>.

Maybe I should make a St. Johns wort beer. It already has "wort" in the name after all. :)

That is quite a long time ago. I was just starting junior high in '92.

Sorry, that probably doesn't help...
iq.gif

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
I just realised something. I started brewing in 1992. Thats...15 years ago. I feel old now. <sigh> and I turned 35 ten days ago. <huge sigh>.

Maybe I should make a St. Johns wort beer. It already has "wort" in the name after all. :)

Yeah, come this way and make a "real" St. John's wort, LOL.

'92..... I was 35 then.... Big party this monday.:mug:

It could be worse, I'll be 35 this year and I only started brewing a little over a year ago. So at least you have all those brewing years going for you!

Congratulations on 15 years!:mug: I started brewing in 1991 and never looked back. Will you be brewing up a 15th anniversary beer?

Perhaps, I should do an aniversary special of Nanaimo Wise Ass Beer.

Although The crazy "Head Kick" version of this is about 12 - 14% A/V and uses about 30% sugar. The following quote is attributed to it after a college buddy was half way through his 2nd 40 oz (Old E bottles) of this:
"Laaaaaaj. What the hell' is in this stuff?! I'm seeing things!" - Anonymous Drunk College Buddy, 1992
This is the sugar free "normal" AG version. Used light extract back then so I'd have to convert to pils or pale malt. Original had 4 kg LME and 2.7kg Corn Sugar. ANd this had the weirdest hop schedule. I reaaaaaaly didn't undterstand "bittering" hops back then. LoL

For 40L (10g)

9.00 Kg Pils Malt
0.50 Kg Light Crystal Malt
30g Hallertauer - 32 min
30g Saaz - 32 min
30g Hallertauer - 18 min
30g Saaz - 18min
30g Hallertauer -3 min
30g Saaz -3 min

Clean ale yeast or pils yeast.

To be truely authentic I should do the extract/sugar version.

To be truely authentic I should do the extract/sugar version.

I vote yes

you'd get to remember why you got into it in the first place......could be cool

I was just celebrating my 1st wedding anniversary at exactly this time in 1992! At that time I had been brewing for about 2 years, but took almost 14 years off before starting up again this past January. I wish I had stayed with it over the years.

(Almost) the same here....35...started brewing in 90 or 91...but at least your team has made it to the Cup Finals in your lifetime.

ROFLMAO!!

Any hot daughters? ;)
Well. apparantly, they're all "hot".

I don't get it though. They're just "the girls" to me. In fact, I think they're kinda gross. If ya saw their bedrooms and bathrooms???

Ecccchhhhh.

Girls are gross.

Now....their friends.....hmmmmmmm. Something different about them....:D

BierMuncher said:
Well. apparantly, they're all "hot".

I don't get it though. They're just "the girls" to me. In fact, I think they're kinda gross. If ya saw their bedrooms and bathrooms???

Ecccchhhhh.

Girls are gross.

Now....their friends.....hmmmmmmm. Something different about them....:D

I need photos to determine said grossness. :D

Ahh 1992 wow. My beloved Pittsburgh Penguins were Stanley Cup champions yay. That was the last winning season my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates had, and Slick Willy was elected President. What a year wow. Too bad I was only 10 years old and couldn't fully appreciate those 3 great things.

I was 14 in 1992. I think it was right around then that I tried my first American wheat beer, and I hated it. I still don't like them :p

Back