Is my beer ruined? Frozen raspberries smell like crap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcjake

Reaction score
I'm making a raspberry wheat and figured that I could save money and buy frozen raspberries instead of fresh for the fruit addition. I added them to secondary today and let me tell you, they smell awful. I used two different brands, from two different stores. So it's not like I got a bad batch. It just seems that frozen raspberries smell gross. I threw them in anyways because I didnt want to spend any money or time. Is my beer ruined? Has anyone else experianced this? I know raspberries can have a weird off flavor or smell sometimes. But damn.

I freeze fresh raspberries all the time, and have used frozen store ones for deserts all the time. Did they smell when you opened the package? did you let them thaw first? A little more info is needed

I let them thaw. And all three packages (2 from different stores and brands), smelled the same when I opened them. I don't think they went bad. I know sometimes raspberries have a strange smell to them. I'm just worried they are going to make the beer taste like crap.

Back