quick disconnect issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runningamok

Reaction score
I'm having some issues with the quick disconnects on my ball lock cornys. It's been about a week since I kegged my second and third kegged beers. I moved my kegerator this afternoon at the request of swmbo and when I went to reconnect my lines I had a hell of a time getting one of the gas lines back on the keg I had to really force that thing on there. Finally got it back on and then I had the same issue with the liquid out line on the other keg. I definitely have the posts on the right sides, I made sure to keep the notched posts with the in side of the keg. A couple minutes later after trying a bit of the green beer I noticed that the same liquid out line was leaking from within the disconnect. If I remove the disconnect it holds a seal. Finally, I've also noticed that if I don't have the co2 disconnects sitting just properly they will audibly leak gas. Any advice on my many disconnect issues? BTW I didn't have any of these issues on my first kegged beer, except for the co2 leak if not sitting properly.
Thanks for the advice.
:mug:

Try some keg lube on the poppets. It works wonders for sealing and ease of assembly.

I agree that it helps. I had the same issue but it was a lot worse. I was taking off the liquid line and the poppet got stuck to the side and I got shot in the face with beer. It exploded all over my room and even my TV had it on the LCD.

Latest posts

Back