Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAAAH Metal! Since I'm never sure about the proper "classification" I'm all for the Power, Gothic, Symphonic, Melodic and such. And Finnish Folk Metal. Kinda fills in nicely where I can't find assorted Celtic metal.

Basically if it makes me wanna grab a pint or tankard and go fight a dragon I like it.

I don't usually go in for goth stuff but this is pretty damn good...

Last edited by a moderator:
509inc said:
Nope, no problem here. Just not my thing and it looked like it might be a spoof video.

Straight up power metal, I thought the album was really good... Definite improvement from their debut last year. The vocals take some getting used to but lots of killer riffs, it will grow on you if you let it.

Straight up power metal, I thought the album was really good... Definite improvement from their debut last year. The vocals take some getting used to but lots of killer riffs, it will grow on you if you let it.

I had to rewatch it to give it a far chance.

My review:
Leather. Check
Animal print accessories. Check.
Hair Flips. Quadruple check.

Everyone but the drummer had a close up of them flipping their hair back. Not head banging, but hair flipping.

Then the look on the singers face. This was the last straw. I was certain this was a spoof. A power metal spinal tap.

509inc said:
I had to rewatch it to give it a far chance.

My review:
Leather. Check
Animal print accessories. Check.
Hair Flips. Quadruple check.

Everyone but the drummer had a close up of them flipping their hair back. Not head banging, but hair flipping.

Then the look on the singers face. This was the last straw. I was certain this was a spoof. A power metal spinal tap.

Haha, exactly why I never liked music videos. Who cares what they look like, it should be about the music no? Besides, they're from Europe.

Oi I dont know how I've missed this thread and I've been on here as long as I have. LOL

Old school favs:
Scorps Uli era, Rainbow, Purple, Dio, Sabbath, MSG, Yngwie, Priest, Maiden etc.

Current favs:
Dream Theater, Kamelot, Scar Symmetry, Amorphis, Epica, Symphony X, In Flames.. Mostly listen to Power, Prog, Melodic, Melodic Death, Tech.

Also a musician when not doing IT crap and thinking about beer :)

Some songs from my band:
first cd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phHwjWLwatQ
second cd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLUtZRev1DA
upcoming third cd:
https://soundcloud.com/mindwarpchamber/imprisoned_mind

Just in case they haven't made it to the thread

I dunno but I just really dig this song. I just wish they'd have made the full video that they're "shooting" in this video. lol

So glad that she is out of the band now. I saw them live with Tarja and with her and she was horrible, I also thought the band dynamic was effected by her they seemed to be less awesome. Oddly though I really liked the first disc she was on but not the second one. Very happy that Floor J will be the new singer, she's amazing.

I havent really listened much since Century Child which was really their last great record IMO. Dark Passion Play was good, don't get me wrong, but it just didn't grab me like Oceanborn and Century Child. To me Nightwish just isn't really Nightwish without Tarja, so I won't comment on their latest release. I will say though that the last Xandria record really reminded me of how much I loved those earlier Nightwish records.

Nightwish is in my top 3 bands. I loved the feeling Anette brought to the band, so I'm sad it's over. It was a kind of childlike wonder, and I know it probably flowed from Tuomas but Anette channeled it so well. Was Tarja better? I don't know, but I enjoyed them both.

I saw them live with Floor, and she's a great replacement. I hope she stays. She has a more... Classy, refined, mature feeling, yet has enough playfulness that I imagine Marco and her will be very entertaining working together. Not necessarily better, but different, and certainly welcome.

I remembered these guys this morning. When I first discovered them, I didn't know whether to be repelled or intrigued. Now I love it. A capella metal. You read that right. Oh yeah.

They occasionally do the self-aware cheesy, over-the-top kind of metal that I love so much:

They did a cover of Primo Victoria with the singer of Sabaton, Blind Guardian cover, and even did a Nightwish cover.

I'm such a bad metal fan....I can't keep track of who's in and who's out of which bands.

Also. I definitely gotta keep an ear out for that Van Canto certainly a unique way to perform.

I love this thread. What I love more is the amount of metal that I go for is in it. hehe

Just thought of a little metal related gem. The movie

For what it is, it's a pretty decent supernatural horror flick. It wasn't until about half way through that I remembered why the monsters looked so familiar.

I know. Lordi's kinda cheesy. But they do it pretty well. I was a fan once I realized they titled something "Arockalypse" and used the word "rockening". lol

Old school here.
Judas Priest, Iron Maiden...etc.
Cookie Monster is what ultimately turned me off.

Been playing guitar forever though and now build high gain tube amplifiers.
Guitars?
Jackson, Charvel, Kramer, LP homebrew, homemade Bich, Hamer Phantom, Aria LP Custom, and the wife has a Squier Strat.
Too many amps to name, as mentioned I'm a tube-aholic.

Long live rock!

:rockin:

images

url

imgres

images

Picture111.jpg

url

url

Think that was already done.

My point was the metal gear I own and the amps I make.
I really need to update my youtube clips!

I'm sure it was already done.

Nice work!

I'm on the process now of revamping my Jackson Dinky and finishing putting new tubes in my head.

My Jackson Dinky Reverse was my 2nd guitar I bought in 1997. Been played too many hours to count and it is pretty beat up. I am in the process of rewiring, replacing frets, and installing new Floyd Rose Tremelo.

As for my Amp, I just replacing the tubes on a Peavey head. No idea the model as it looks like it is older than me.

As for my Amp, I just replacing the tubes on a Peavey head. No idea the model as it looks like it is older than me.

If you're replacing the power tubes they might need to be rebiased.
Model would help me be able to tell you.

Back