1.5" Tri Clover X 1" NPS Element Adapter and Stout Tanks & Kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My issue is that I am afraid that the 5500w LWD Camco fold back Element may eother come back and hit the inside of the kettle wall or at least try to reenter the fitting. Anyone have this issue using these products?

I don't have one, but keep in mind you can bend the element if need be. So once installed you can widen to ensure it doesn't hit the wall.

I don't have one, but keep in mind you can bend the element if need be. So once installed you can widen to ensure it doesn't hit the wall.

Have never bent one before. Am wondering if I do would I ever be able to remove it and re-install it? If not I wonder then why I am getting tri-clamp fittings?

Does anyone here have a Stout Tanks & Kettles system which came with the standard adapter attached for a electric element and also uses the 1.5" Tri Clover X 1" NPS Element Adapter from Brewers Hardware?

https://www.brewershardware.com/TC15F10NPSCOV.html

I have that element adapter (not on a Stout tank) and you probably won't be able to get a ripple element through the adapter itself, nevermind the kettle. I tried, I tried bending within reason and went to a straight element instead. Look around and you'll see most people ran into this. I think Brewers Hardware has a 2" adapter now that probable works fine.

I have that element adapter (not on a Stout tank) and you probably won't be able to get a ripple element through the adapter itself, nevermind the kettle. I tried, I tried bending within reason and went to a straight element instead. Look around and you'll see most people ran into this. I think Brewers Hardware has a 2" adapter now that probable works fine.

Thanks for your reply. I know that I won't get the ripple to work and am going with a 5500w fold back LWD element. My issue is trying to find out if the product from Brewers Hardware will work on what Stout Tanks & Kettles will be sending me. I have asked both company's for feedback and have sent a last ditch effort question to ST&K today. I may have to wait until I get the kettles here which is slated to be sometime in November at this point. But any help is much appreciated.

Let me know your answer, I am planning to get some stout tanks here in the next month and gonna be installing elements, was either going to get the brewershardware adapter or get their element adapter from stout tanks and make something like THIS

Let me know your answer, I am planning to get some stout tanks here in the next month and gonna be installing elements, was either going to get the brewershardware adapter or get their element adapter from stout tanks and make something like THIS

I sure will. I'm waiting on replies from John at Stout Tanks & Kettles as well as from my question I posed to Bolts in his thread.

I like the looks of the other option but the thoughts of drilling those beautiful shiny kettles turns my stomach. :cross:

well you wouldnt need to drill the kettles. Just get the element port, but either way you still have the problem with the fold back and space. From the pictures on bolts thread it looks to be just barely not touching the wall, but hopefully he post a better picture. Im waiting on john form stout to get back to me on pricing for custom tanks for my arduino/Android controlled Brutus 20 Im making

well you wouldnt need to drill the kettles. Just get the element port, but either way you still have the problem with the fold back and space. From the pictures on bolts thread it looks to be just barely not touching the wall, but hopefully he post a better picture. Im waiting on john form stout to get back to me on pricing for custom tanks for my arduino/Android controlled Brutus 20 Im making

Oh, I'm getting the ports. One in the BK and the other in the HLT. They are already being made. I didn't see the product from Brewers Hardware until after the order was made so I am just trying to figure it out as well as attempt to pre-order as much materials and parts as need so when they get here I can go to town so to speak. ;-)

I may be very interested in the Android program as to do with my system maybe if it would work. I do not have any knowledge of it. Does it work from your Android phone?

Im custom making a program to work with my tablet to control my elements and pumps through an arduino micro processor (think the Brewtroller that is interfaced to an android). Its a pretty complex/custom build and not something that would be easily copied and plugged into another system unless you had everything set up the same. If you arent familiar with that kind of stuff and want to automate I would recommend something like Kal's setup or a BCS-460 or brewtroller, where they are made more for plug and use.

However, if you are interested in an app to have brewsteps and recipes on you can look into my app I made and published on the market, BrewAide, Its free (unless you want no ads or want to support me, using the donations to help pay for my brew rig) but loads both beersmith and BeerXML files and gives you all the details of the recipe. Great tool to use on brew day and have your phone/tablet next to you with all your additions and includes timers for both the mash and boil. Check it out if you interested

I understand the pre-ordering, Im deploying for 4 months and working on everything so when I get back I can put together and brew on the new rig as soon as I get back. Gonna be torture to wait 4 months but will be great to come home and have a whole bunch of new shiny toys to put together and play with.

Well haven't as yet heard anything from either ST&K or Bolts. I am sure both are busy and I am more than likely way low on the totem poles as far as their priorities are of concern. But as soon as I can get an answer and hopefully some pic's I will most assuredly be posting them. In any case I will be starting a thread on my own build at some point but wanted to wait until I got further along so as not to have so much time in between post. For me it is going to be a long process that will take several months.

This worked well for me on a 2" TC. I do intend to replace the soft stock seal soon to avoid extrusion but after two brew sessions it's been flawless. I took 19 gallons of water from 89 to 155 degrees F in 20 minutes Friday. That was cool!
BTW, all I did was thread a regular 2" TC cap. Plenty of threads for this application.

image-1123274685.jpg

Hi Will_M,

The foldback element clears the side and has about 5" before it hits the other side of the pot. It shouldn't be an issue whether you use the Brewers's Hardware element adapter of the included threaded adapter.

photo%25201.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

The included adapter (I'm not using).
photo%25203.JPG

Hi Will_M,

The foldback element clears the side and has about 5" before it hits the other side of the pot. It shouldn't be an issue whether you use the Brewers's Hardware element adapter of the included threaded adapter

Hey Bolts,

Thanks so very much for your reply. I have now made my orders and are anxiously awaiting their arrival.

I spoke with both, the owners of Brewers Hardware as well as Stout Tanks & Kettles, and both are very nice and seem to be very genuine individuals who both care about Homebrewers and the Hobby as a whole. I look to my continued business with both as I move forward with this hobby and my system build.

Bolts, again thanks guy. :mug:

Will

Back