Looking for someone to build my Keggles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CousinsCraft

Reaction score
I am looking for someone to build my keggles. I have 3 kegs in really good shape and all the tri clamp fittings and sight glasses to complete the conversion. I am willing to ship the kegs and fittings. I am trying to build a brutus type system or a JohnW system. If anyone is interested please message me.

Thanks Christian

Hi

Shipping something like that is going to cost you a fortune. Stainless steel is a universal skill. Every restaurant on the planet is full of the stuff. They all need it modified / repaired / chopped up or what ever. There have to be at least a dozen people within a 30 minute drive of you who are very good at doing what you need.

Bob

Yes im hoping someone nearby can help but if not shipping isn't a problem for me. At this point I really just want them done so i can get back to brewing.:rockin:

If you lived near me I'd do the labor for free providing you buy the parts. It's just good homebrewing karma to me. Are you looking to have welded or weldless fittings?

I could help, but it's more than a hike between me and you. I have a welder (someone else, not me) that I've been using for stainless items. Including adding a pair of TC ferrules for my site glass assembly.

Check for small machine shops in your area. See if they can either do the welds for you, or recommend someone that can/will. If there's a homebrew club around you (and if you're a member) see if anyone in it knows of a welder. That's how I found the one I've been using.

Golddiggie,

Man it might be worth the trip after seeing the pictures of your keggles!!! Man those things are nice. I'm jeoulous....:D

If you want to come up, just let me know... We'll need to make sure we do it on the weekend (of course)... If you cannot locate a good welder near you, we could make arrangements to use the one I've been going to. I do have a hole punch to make nice, clean, 7/8" holes (only size punch I have).

How soon were you looking to get these done up?

PM me if you really want to work on these. I'm game, just not sure how long the drive will be for you. :eek:

Wow super nice of you! I'm looking to get these things done pretty soon. It would be like a 3 1/2 hr drive for me which is no biggie. I saw the pic of your snake fermenter which is sweet. I have a nice 7.5 gal Heineken keg which I would love to convert to a fermenter. If I can't find someone...let's say by mid next week I may have to take you up on you offer. Of course I would want to run my list of fittings by you to make sure I have everything needed, as I'm a newb to the whole keggle world and may need some advise.

I have finally found a welder. I have begun drilling the holes for the fittings and sight glass. Finally I feel that things are in motion and may get completed. Once I get all the holes drilled then I will bring the kegs to the welder and well see how they turn out.

Back