Tax Stamps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorInOK

Reaction score
So i was all set for making these incredible labels after being so inspired by the work people here have done... and then i started removing labels to save bottles for bottling.

Oh h*** no... i've learned that i absolutely, 100% LOATH cleaning bottles.

So i compromised.

My labels are kind of a throwback to Tax Stamps on bottles. Easy to design, easy to print and very easy to get off the bottles. I use three full sheet label stickers to duplicate and print... then cut them all quickly with my wifes hobby straight-line paper cutter board thingy. After capping, i simply wrap them across the top of the cap and down the sides of the neck.

Hope you guys like 'em.

My first brew and only Mr. Beer kit was
BTBTaxStampCowboyGL.jpg

My second brew was a partial mash "House Brown Ale" called "Brown House Ale" yeah it was late and had to pick a name.
BTBTaxStampBrownHouse.jpg

Third was a modified Stella clone inspired by a friend of mine named Todd... hence "Fleet Street Ale" for Sweeney Todd.
BTBTaxStampFleetStreet.jpg

And tomorrow i'll be brewing Cygnus, my first all-grain beer - guiness inspired.
BTBTaxStampCygnus.jpg

Really cool art, those would make cool handles for taps too.

Really cool art, those would make cool handles for taps too.

Thanks! Yeah i have alot of plans, taps included... first step is to finish out my keggle conversions so i can do some REAL brewing. At the moment i'm stuck with 2 gal batches but that will change soon mwahahahahaha.

Here are some picks of the actual stamp in use.

FSA_Side.jpg

FSA_Top.jpg

Thanks bchurch :mug:

I'll probably be doing bigger labels for bottles i give away but these are just too easy to remove to do it all the time... for me anyway. Much respect to the guys and gals that fully label all their bottles.

Steal away sKafifer. I guess i stole it from the gov'ment so i can't really call rights :D

Edit: Figured id throw the tools and stock up here.

Circut paper trimmer: http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Cricut-Paper-12-inch-Trimmer/4493542/product.html My wife has a circut trimmer like this. I can cut the stock into 12 to 15 labels in about 4 minutes.

Label Stock: Any mega department store should have what youre looking for. "Full Sheet Shipping Labels" They are just a whole sheet of sticker stock without any cutouts.

This seem to be the ideal balance between the (IMO) too small cap-top labels and full-on labels. I'll definitely be adopting these ASAP.

And cool labels too!

Bryan

Agreed. These are the ideal style of label for me. Easy to apply and remove, large enough to be attractive.

These are great! I too do not have the patience to remove full labels more than I have to, but I still want a good looking way to identify different beer. This is the perfect solution.

Latest posts

Back