• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

hand blown glass tap handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan

Reaction score
handles.jpg

A friend of mine is making hand blown glass tap handles. She can take size and color requests, or provide images of what she has already made.

you mean making a classified ad requires a vendor membership?

you mean making a classified ad requires a vendor membership?

From Yoopers link:
"If you are a business or sell products or services you must be a registered Vendor in order to post anything business related or send any business related communications on HomeBrewTalk.com."

I believe the ad you posted falls under that statement, since they are being made on request (providing service, etc).

Btw - they look sweet.

okay then, you can delete the thread. There's no way she'll be interested in forking over that amount of cash to sell a few items. She's just a pro brewer with a crafty side and I thought I was posting because other homebrewers like myself might be interested.

It's one thing to post a classified saying here are a few tap handles I have for sale. It's another to propose it as a service available. Frankly, the quality and artistic nature of what I see in the picture certainly warrants pursuing it in earnest. There are THOUSANDS of kegging members here and $75 is less than a two week ad in the local newspaper.

I think she could also just create a website of handles available with paypal links and you could post the link saying that you're a satisfied customer, end of story. I think that would be OK but I don't run this place either...so....

Those handles look nice, and some of them look like they could be used for more than just a tap handle! How much would she need to get for them? $75 is not much if a dozen people or more decide to buy one or two.

I'll give her the link to here and see if she's interested on that level

I'll give her the link to here and see if she's interested on that level

Thanks!

Those tap handles are pretty cool. If she chooses to be a vendor here, then she can post in the vendor's showcase, or here in the classifieds.

As was mentioned, the classifieds are for members here who may have a little extra equipment and offer it up for sale. To sell an item that isn't an "extra", a Vendor's membership is required.

Depending on the prices, there may be a market for her.

I think that you would have several interested buyers on your hands ;) if these were made available. However, with the amount of information on this site that you get for free, I think $75 is very reasonable to drum up some business for your friend. I bet she could recoup that in no time.

I think that you would have several interested buyers on your hands ;) if these were made available. However, with the amount of information on this site that you get for free, I think $75 is very reasonable to drum up some business for your friend. I bet she could recoup that in no time.

By the way, the vendor's membership is $125/year. (Not trying to talk her out of it at all! But to clarify the cost).

Cool tap handles. Hand-blown glass is a great idea. I have a lot of friends who blow glass, but I'd never thought of this. To echo what others have said, it sounds like your friend would likely have enough orders out of the thousands of HBT members to easily pay the $125 fee.

IMHO I think the cost of the membership would be paid off almost instantly. I'm sure glass blowing takes alot of time but the material costs can't be that much. For something so unique she could probably make a killing. Either way you got my attention!

Does this site make a profit?

It is a buisness, if it doesn't now, I expect it to in the future. Why would you think it is any different than any other buisness? These web forums are a ton of work. I own two myself, I spend a lot of money to keep them running, but I make no money back because they are both too young.

Back