Is this something to worry about???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfurlly

Reaction score
So i brew up YooperBrews DeadGuy Clone yesterday. Everything went great. Hit all my temps, og etc, even had a pork tenderloin on the bbq smoking away while the brew was going.
This is the weird part.....
I come home today, eat dinner and decide to go check for activity in the fermenter. I opened the door to my brew room, and see something black out of the corner of my eye. A f$#kin CROW is flying right at me!!!! I duck for cover, slam the door and yell HOLLY SH$T!!!
So i go for backup.....SWMBO, not much help but after a few hours we finaly get that crow to fly out a window. Then I think to myself, I brew Deadguy Ale and a Crow shows up in my basement......WEIRD! (there are no windows in my brew room, and the door is always shut)

(he came in the dryer vent)

I wouldn't worry at all, as long as he didn't poo on the airlock, you are fine.

At least you can give this brew a unique name:
Black Crow
Dead Crow (if you had a gun)
I need to get a screen on my dryer vent Ale

That seems like a cool omen to me...

Yooper, would you say you are striving to have a beeropoly? Or would it be more of a beermpire, with taxes and territories? If its the latter, I will gladly govern anything having to do with Stout...

It could also mean that some guy in leather and goth face makeup is out to kill you for something you did to him and his girlfriend.

Dude you just made me spit my IPA all over the computer screen.... That was funny.

Gotta name it Dead Crow Ale.

I agree with the others saying this has to re-named Dead Crow or Crow Ale or something like that. Back in High School i was attacked by a crow walking home from school and my friends called me crow from then on.

wow. either that beer is going to be the best ever or the worst. there is no in between now for that beer

When i was a kid i was in my parents basement lifting weights when i started to smell gas from the boiler. My dad came down and we started searching. as we pull up the exaust piping for the boiler two dead crows fall out. That scared the **** out of me.

I think the this thread should be called 'Did I ruin my beer???'

Dead Crow Ale is too obvious. Make it something like 'Motherf$%kin crow flew at me! Ale.'

It's not but, not a one of us here wouldn't.

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten HBT DeadGuy lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my fermenter chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my fermenter chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'"

It's not but, not a one of us here wouldn't.

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten HBT DeadGuy lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my fermenter chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my fermenter chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'"

This rocks Brother Gila!!! :mug:

Not to sound like a complete and total nerd but you do know that the bird in that poem is a raven right? Not a crow.

Anywho, in direct conflict to my above statement how about 'dead poe crow' for name?

I'm cracking up reading this thread. Classic story.

I wonder how many people missed this because they assumed you dropped your airlock cover in the primary or something and passed reading:D

Drunken Crow Ale. It isn't dead. It was clearly there for a little nip.

Not to sound like a complete and total nerd but you do know that the bird in that poem is a raven right? Not a crow.

Not to sound like a complete and total ass but, you know that a Crow and Raven are the same genus, right? (Corvus). And that the latin meaning of the word Corvus is Raven.

Not to sound like a complete and total ass but, you know that a Crow and Raven are the same genus, right? (Corvus). And that the latin meaning of the word Corvus is Raven.

+1 (10 characters)

Corvus is a small, faint, and very old constellation.

Corvus, the Crow, was called the Raven by ancient Greeks. The story goes that Apollo sent the raven, or crow, to collect water in the nearby cup ("Crater" = goblet). But the bird wasted its time eating figs. Then, as an excuse for losing time, it gathered up the Water Snake (Hydra) in its claws and flew back, telling Apollo that this creature was the reason for its delay.

Apollo would have none of it, and threw all three: the crow, the goblet, and the water snake, into the heavens. For penance, the crow was made to suffer eternal thirst (and this makes the bird caw raucously instead of sing like normal birds).

Latest posts

Back