Looking for Evolution's Lucky 7 Porter recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njs170

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for Evolution's Lucky 7 Porter? I love this beer and would love to try my hand at making it. On their site it says....

Beer Profile:
ABV: 5.8%
IBU: 24
OG: 14.5
Hops: Willamette, Styrian Golding, East Kent Golding
Malt: Pale, Crystal, Choc., Black Smoke, Pilsner, Roast Barley

But I don't have the skills to know the amounts I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I'll be watching this. Lucky 7 is really good. My favorite from them is the Lot 3 IPA. Probably in my top 3 all time!

Here is my guess at it (first time making a recipe)..... I am still new to brewing so please point out what you would change. I need to research more about the hops and grain amounts before i try this.

I used beersmith to make this.

Evolution's Lucky 7 Clone
Robust Porter
Type: All Grain Date: 2/17/2013
Batch Size (fermenter): 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 6.48 gal
Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: My Equipment All Grain
End of Boil Volume 5.98 gal Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.00 %
Final Bottling Volume: 4.60 gal Est Mash Efficiency 82.8 %
Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage Taste Rating(out of 50): 30.0
Taste Notes:
Ingredients

Ingredients
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
7 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 56.0 %
3 lbs Pilsner (2 Row) Bel (2.0 SRM) Grain 2 24.0 %
12.0 oz Caramel Malt - 20L (Briess) (20.0 SRM) Grain 3 6.0 %
12.0 oz Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 4 6.0 %
8.0 oz Black Malt (Simpsons) (550.0 SRM) Grain 5 4.0 %
8.0 oz Chocolate Malt (Simpsons) (430.0 SRM) Grain 6 4.0 %
1.00 oz Styrian Goldings [5.40 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 7 13.0 IBUs
1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 8 7.8 IBUs
0.75 oz Willamette [5.50 %] - Boil 10.0 min Hop 9 4.7 IBUs
1.0 pkg English Ale (White Labs #WLP002) [35.49 ml] Yeast 10 -

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.063 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.019 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 5.8 %
Bitterness: 25.4 IBUs Calories: 151.6 kcal/12oz
Est Color: 42.1 SRM

I may be visiting the brewery this weekend. If so , maybe I can get some help. I have a friend that works in the brewery itself. He's the guy adding the hops in the picture on their website. If I can I want to try to do a Lot 3 clone. Mine would be extract as I am only 2 batches in to this fun hobby. I'll see if I can get pointers for your recipe as well.

Went to the brewery today. My friend said he would talk to the brewmaster about getting a scale down recipe for both beers. I can tell you that you chose the right yeast. He told me that was the one they use.

That is awesome! Thank you for doing that for us!

At least I got one thing right. Not bad for a newbie!

Went to the brewery today. My friend said he would talk to the brewmaster about getting a scale down recipe for both beers. I can tell you that you chose the right yeast. He told me that was the one they use.

Any word?

Not on the Lucky 7 brew sheet. I have the brew sheet for Lot # that is for 1200 gals. I may get back there to see him in the next week or so. I don't know if they will give me the other brew sheet but will ask.

Still that is awesome. I wouldn't mind taking a look at that if you don't mind sharing. Its ok if you don't want too. Thanks man!

I would be willing to email it to you but I don't know if they would want me posting their recipe to the public. I also have the main recipe ,but, don't have the schedule for their dry hopping. I know what kinds of hops , just not the time line.

Just tried this beer last night, and would like to get it on my brew list, anyone ever try making something similar?

Latest posts

Back