ThermoWorks Therma K

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh.

The probe hardly looks any longer than the Thermapen probe, and now you have a wire to worry about failing at one end or the other from fatigue. I don't see much if any advantage there. I'll stick with my trusty Screamin' Yellow Splashproof Thermapen...

Cheers!

[Whoa! WTF happened to the editor? Between every friggin' link having an underscore and the editor gone weird, this forum "upgrade" blows chunks!]

i just posted something on this.. Having a probe that attaches (not integrated) drops the accuracy a bit. you take the accuracy reading from the probe and the hand held unit, square them, add together then square root them and thats your accuracy which is about 1.02 for the Therma K. Also right now the probe is free.

NOt sure if I want that, the thermapen or the thermapen precision.

There is a video on-line that got me to get this. I used the 6 foot wire as a probe as recommended. It works very well. I can get the wire by a pot cover. Also I put the wire up the sparge tube for accurate readings. I wasn't sure what to do with the pointy probe. It looked like it was for sticking into meat.

Back