Brew Gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilroy

Reaction score
Good day everybody,

Thinking of bottling some of my cider from the keg, and have read all about the counter pressure fillers, where you really need about 6 hands to makes the things work well and effectively.

Was perusing E-Bay, and then did some more googling - and found this device:
Called the Brew Gun

http://www.brewcitysupplies.com/172/cat172.htm?34

Anybody used one?
are they a gimmic, or do they really work?
I like the 1 hand usability.

THanks

Kilroy

I have one and it works great. Set the CO2 to 2-3# and its awesome. This one has a button to purge the bottle with CO2, and the fill trigger is variable speed also. Looks great, just depends how much you want to spend on them.

kilroy said:
Anybody used one?
are they a gimmic, or do they really work?
I like the 1 hand usability.Kilroy

I got one for Christmas - haven't had a chance to use it yet. I wanted to fill a few bottles of each brew I make to give to family. I was in the market for a counter-pressure filler, but I don't like the idea of a beer shower and that seemed to be the biggest beef with them. I started reading reviews of the Beer Gun and that sold me. Glad to see that Beermaker is having success with his. I'll be trying mine out over the three day weekend!

it looks alot like something 2 guys from Madison WI invented to fill beer mugs faster without being nothing but head. Havent seen what you have posted actually in use BUT if it's as good as the tap those guys came up with and if I kegged I would be all over it

I have heard a lot of good reviews from the Beer Gun, and I have picked one up myself. I have not used mine yet, but will be soon. I will post my findings.

I finally got around to testing out my Beer Gun today. Wow, was it easy to use. Took a little fiddling with to get the pressure at the right balance between foamy (too much pressure) and CO2 breaking out (too little pressure). Once I got it down, it was smooth sailing. I filled 20 bottles in just about a half hour once I got rolling. Some of that was transferring the beer line to each of three different kegs and getting the pressure right after the switch (I have two kegs at one pressure and one at another).

Best part - I'm a complete newbie to bottling from a keg... and no beer showers!! :D I'm sure glad I went with the Beer Gun instead of a counter-pressure filler.

Back