Brewers in Austin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil' league

Reaction score
Anyone in the Austin area interested in getting a group together for brewing and tasting/critiquing?

I was just thinking tonight that I'd like to meet a few others in "the life" (hah) and try someone else's offering. I honestly haven't known anyone else who has brewed much it al all, so I'll admit that I can't really remember trying homebrew from anyone else. But since I'm only on my third batch currently, I may have to hold back on offering mine for critiquing... You guys might kill me with your kindness!

I live in austin, specifically north austin and I am interested in home brewing. Are there any clubs, groups, or "get togethers" where I can possibly meet others interested in the craft? Thanks!

I believe there is a club that meets at Black Star co-op but I could be wrong. I also hear the Adelbert's tours on Friday nights are full of homebrewers.

I live in austin, specifically north austin and I am interested in home brewing. Are there any clubs, groups, or "get togethers" where I can possibly meet others interested in the craft? Thanks!

I live in the northern Austin area - where Georgetown, RR, Cedar Park, and Leander meet.

Three guys in my neighborhood, including myself, have a little informal brew group if you'd like to get together with us when we meet up.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/208963169194582/ that's our group on FB.

I'm in north (haha...that used to be 51st) Austin around 183 Anderson Mill. I'm available for bottle sharing or feedback on my homebrew.

I live in south Austin. Would love to share beer and get feedback. I'm new at this, so something like this would be great.

I'm moving to Fort Hood in March/April. Does anyone know of any brew clubs in that area? Or would I be better off sticking to an Austin-based brew club?

Im in east Austin, about 5 min. from downtown. If anyone is still down id love to get together and have a brewday/tasting.

Im in east Austin, about 5 min. from downtown. If anyone is still down id love to get together and have a brewday/tasting.

Austin Zealots have their next monthly meeting on October 13th. Bring a few big bottles of homebrew and you'll get to taste some great beers from some very talented people. You'll also get some feedback on your own. Also bring some cash for tipping the waitstaff.

If you don't mind driving on a Monday or if you live up north, The Texas Carboys meet at The Dig Pub in Cedar Park and their next meeting is Oct 15th. Same deal as the Zealots -- bring beer and cash.

Both groups are also on Facebook - Zealots & Carboys.

I'm moving to Fort Hood in March/April. Does anyone know of any brew clubs in that area? Or would I be better off sticking to an Austin-based brew club?

I'm redeploying to Hood around the same time frame, and gonna start HB. Maybe get together on a weekend?

I live in Round Rock, I currently have a smoked porter in bottles. It will be ready to drink around the 2nd weekend in December.

I'm redeploying to Hood around the same time frame, and gonna start HB. Maybe get together on a weekend?

There are two homebrew clubs in the Killeen area. Centex Bock and The Beer Brigade. Beer Brigade meets on the first Saturdays of the month and Bock is the third. Brigade has a group on Facebook and Bock has a webpage. I don't have either address handy but some googlefu will take care of it. My wife and I are hosting the next Beer Brigade meeting, and if you are interested you should come out.

I'm not a shill but Black Hawk Brewing Supply in Harker Heights has usually the most up to date information.

Hope this helps!

I think I may brew my first batch next week. I'm going to pick up a fermenter and some supplies from Austin Home Brew Supply.

Long drive the Austin Homebrew form Oklahoma! :D

In other news, I just got a starter going a few minutes ago for my HellaNutella Milk Stout I'm doing Saturday... WøøT!

304246_10151372745470813_1196011199_n.jpg

There are two homebrew clubs in the Killeen area. Centex Bock and The Beer Brigade. Beer Brigade meets on the first Saturdays of the month and Bock is the third. Brigade has a group on Facebook and Bock has a webpage. I don't have either address handy but some googlefu will take care of it. My wife and I are hosting the next Beer Brigade meeting, and if you are interested you should come out.

I'm not a shill but Black Hawk Brewing Supply in Harker Heights has usually the most up to date information.

Hope this helps!

That's fantastic information, thank you! I was completely unaware of those clubs, and of that HBS. I'd love to come out, but I'm stuck in Afghaniland for another 6ish weeks, but I'll definitely come out when I get back. Thanks for the invite!

-s4l

AllMightyDog said:
I'm in north (haha...that used to be 51st) Austin around 183 Anderson Mill. I'm available for bottle sharing or feedback on my homebrew.

Man, you're right around the corner from me. We should definitely swaps some bottles sometime!

I have done 2 extract batches, waiting for the 2nd to finish bottle conditioning. I'm getting ready to do my first AG batch in a week or so. Still trying to piece together my setup.

Back