Crazy Hopsdirect Sale Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amarillo sold out! Wish I had seen this earlier, I would have jumped on the Citra and Amarillo (along with a few other cheap ones for fun).

I had to pick up a few more pounds at those prices.

Anyone ever use Vanguard?? $3.50 a pound!!!!!! That is crazy!! Since the title lacked the NEW CROP 2011 in the title I bet they are from the 2010 crop year. But either way that is a great deal.

BW

Im pretty sure the Amarillo is nitrogen packed. Willing to bet the 2010's are still nearly perfect, especially at $3 something a pound!!

Awesome deal! Got 4 pounds. I'm looking forward to trying legacy and nugget for the first time. At 6 bucks I couldn't pass up either.

citra was sold out when i ordered.

I got amarillo, columbus, willamette, nugget.... i was going to get apollo also but it was only whole leaf on sale.

I found out about the sale from this thread, but how did you find out about the sale so i can keep an eye out in the future? thanks

NJstout said:
citra was sold out when i ordered.

I got amarillo, columbus, willamette, nugget.... i was going to get apollo also but it was only whole leaf on sale.

I found out about the sale from this thread, but how did you find out about the sale so i can keep an eye out in the future? thanks

Found out about it just by being on the hopsdirect mailing list. A few months ago it mentioned something about a sale on this date, so I put it in my calendar. After I finished ordering my hops this morning, figured I'd let y'all know.

It's good to be on the mailing list sometimes. I put a reminder on my phone but didn't end up needing it. Checked the site as soon as I woke up.

Looks like I already got some FedEx info. That was quick.

gotz me some Columbus, Legacy, Millenium, and Glacier. i don't need that many additional hops in my freezer but i'm a sucker for such good a deal. thanks hops direct!

millenium = first time i'll be brewing with leaves and not pellets :ban:

i had a pound of amarillo pulled up on my smartphone but got sucked into a meeting. by the time it was over, so was the amarillo <sad trombone>.

i take it they are shutting down their operations for the summer? certainly looks like they were trying to sell off their stock. everything that was sold out has the mention "SOLD OUT UNTIL FALL 2012" which further indicates a summer shut-down...

I'm looking forward to trying the ultra hops. I wonder why the AA was so high this year...

i take it they are shutting down their operations for the summer? certainly looks like they were trying to sell off their stock. everything that was sold out has the mention "SOLD OUT UNTIL FALL 2012" which further indicates a summer shut-down...

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... Last year I was pretty surprised when they were all out of most of their hops in like June.

Being a farm, I'm sure there is a lot going on during the summer! (all the time really)

found out about it just by being on the hopsdirect mailing list. A few months ago it mentioned something about a sale on this date, so i put it in my calendar. after i finished ordering my hops this morning, figured i'd let y'all know.

lol

NochEineMassBitte said:
You could probably e-mail them. Or better yet, just order some hops, and then you'll be on it. :)

I just ordered from the a few months ago

A few hours after I ordered yesterday it hit me... I ordered 3 POUNDS of hops! Might not be much to some of you but for me that sounds like a lot to have on hand when I have never used more than 4-5 ounces in a batch... :D (my grin is really that big)

H-ost said:
A few hours after I ordered yesterday it hit me... I ordered 3 POUNDS of hops! Might not be much to some of you but for me that sounds like a lot to have on hand when I have never used more than 4-5 ounces in a batch... :D (my grin is really that big)

I've never brewed an ipa, so I think the most I've ever used is about three ounces. I'm struggling to imagine what three pounds will look like... I usually just by what I need for the next recipe I have planned, so I've never had more than 4 ounces on hand...

I did my first ever IIPA recently and between the boil & dry-hopping used a pound. With yesterday's ridiculous 12 pound score I'll be doing a mind-numbing amount of big IIPAs this summer--good thing we can get two-row cheap here direct from Malteurop!

turns out hops direct isn't keen on shipping to mexico or something. This is the second order i place with them and i'm still waiting on word from them. It does piss me off seeing they reply promptly to some other people but seems like international buyers just can't catch a break.

anyone knows a good hops dealer that does actually ship to mexico (good prices would be pretty great)?

haven't gotten mine either, but as others have said they're probably dealing with a flood of orders from the yard sale.

i got my order confirmation e-mail immediately after i hit the "confirm order" buttom, so i'm happy. i'm sure they'll get around to my order eventually. if i don't hear from them by thursday i might send an e-mail. or not. i'm in no hurry, if anything i need to use up more of my current supply so SWMBO doesn't freak out at my taking up more freezer space...

I got Fedex confirmation today, an estimated delivery date of this Thursday.

Edit: Wow what a crappy 2000th post

I got Fedex confirmation today, an estimated delivery date of this Thursday.

Edit: Wow what a crappy 2000th post

cool - do you remember what time of day you placed your order? (check your confirmation e-mail's timestamp if you've forgotten...)

i'm assuming they're fulfilling orders as they were placed, first-come first served. i didn't place my order until 5 pm Eastern so i expect to be at the back of the queue.

sweetcell said:
cool - do you remember what time of day you placed your order? (check your confirmation e-mail's timestamp if you've forgotten...)

i'm assuming they're fulfilling orders as they were placed, first-come first served. i didn't place my order until 5 pm Eastern so i expect to be at the back of the queue.

9 am eastern

Ok so I love hops direct but it makes me question why the he'll does everyone else charge so much for hops? I can get several lbs of hops for what a pound or less would cost at most places an they will work out reasonable shipping for you. What's so hard about that!?

Ok so I love hops direct but it makes me question why the he'll does everyone else charge so much for hops? I can get several lbs of hops for what a pound or less would cost at most places an they will work out reasonable shipping for you. What's so hard about that!?

Supply and demand. If there are people willing to pay 2-3 dollars an ounce they will continue to sell them at that price.

You gotta love the power of buying in bulk quantity. You really cant do it much in daily goods as it seems like you used to. Even costco and sams club seem to be more expensive than the grocery store for alotta stuff recently.

kpr121 said:
Supply and demand. If there are people willing to pay 2-3 dollars an ounce they will continue to sell them at that price.

You gotta love the power of buying in bulk quantity. You really cant do it much in daily goods as it seems like you used to. Even costco and sams club seem to be more expensive than the grocery store for alotta stuff recently.

Ya I hear ya. I guess one of the biggest things for me is the shipping, some places just have ups or ceded pick up the box and the add a 5 or 10 dollar handling charge onto you bill even though it could fit in a flat rate box. For my situation you can't beat the flat rate for brew supplies.

gotz me some Columbus, Legacy, Millenium, and Glacier. i don't need that many additional hops in my freezer but i'm a sucker for such good a deal. thanks hops direct!

millenium = first time i'll be brewing with leaves and not pellets :ban:

we got the same orders except i got nugget instead of the glacier

Wow ! Thanks.

Got a lb. each or Galena, Delta,, Perle and Willamette, all for $25 plus shipping.
Got no room in the freezer, but neighbor does.

Delta sounded good for making weenie beer for the BMC guys :)

Bob

Are you talking about flowers or pellets? I can store a whole pound in a quart jar. I love it.

A little off topic, but how do you like storing in Ball jars? I found it very inefficient in that I couldnt get a whole lot of weight into the jars, so they took up much more room in the freezer than using foodsaver bags.

TyTanium said:
+1 Very excited for that one. Thinking of dry hopping an imperial porter with it...hmmm.

I'm thinking about 2-3 oz in my pale ale, it was a little lackluster I thought when I tasted it at the last gravity reading.

Back