Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schnibbz said:
Looks like there is still one opening on the second star san split, if that's the case, I'll take a gallon.

Thank you, that should close out group two.

I can use hops and cleaning supplies if they will allow it. Can someone forward me the pricing list for the hops. And Bill are they still ok with the Fruit Puree? I could go for a nice spring time fruit beer.....:mug: I will also look over my current supply since I know I can do some splits for specialty grains.

PS, thanks for the heads up Bill!

Cheers!

Ryan

If we get enough to justify a second pallet, I'd like to do a split on half a bag of MO, Pils, and Munich, if anybody's interested.

For the most part. Im hopping I will have some time soon but I have a back log and dont want it to go stale.

you need to get busy brewing. chop, chop! i'm bottling my brew this friday that used your washed yeast. i'll be sure to wash it again and give it back to you.

Updated the 'Pending Splits' post #12 based on comments above.

I also sent the PM for group 1 & 2 of Star San to bmason1623 and forwarded copies to each of you. Why can't I figure out how send a single message to multiple members at once, ugh! Officially, I'm blaming the $2.50 Lagunitas Lil Sumptin Sumptin pints. :drunk:

and really no one wants to split sack of crystal 40/60?

and really no one wants to split sack of crystal 40/60?

Inverted does! He sent me a PM. I've picked a placeholder malter / grain of the lowest cost domestic GW-C40 , please advise if you guys want something different.

starman's starsans splits have been entered on to the spreadsheet.

GW-c40 is fine with me, i will be happy with 15-20lbs

Inverted does! He sent me a PM. I've picked a placeholder malter / grain of the lowest cost domestic GW-C40 , please advise if you guys want something different.

New at this..... just got a grain mill as a gift yesterday. So could someone send me a link or the catalog?

Thanks,
Dan B.

Marcusrab said:
when abouts are we calling a cutoff dates for dibs on splits\full bags?

Not sure yet. I'd like to fill both pallets and we're almost there so there's no rush I'm thinking. Hell, 3 pallets would be awesome I think.

C'mon - I know some of you guys want to brew some smoked beers! Still looking for a split. Unless I don't have to pay until after I get my tax return, then I might just take the whole sack :)

Can I get a link to the updated catalogs. I may be in for this round - especially if I can get delivery out towards Huntley by SathingtonWilloby that would even better.

KurtB said:
Can I get a link to the updated catalogs. I may be in for this round - especially if I can get delivery out towards Huntley by SathingtonWilloby that would even better.

We can certainly work something out for the pick up. Get your order in.

we're at 60 bags already. not bad for a couple of days only. i think 84 may be the limit.

That's fine with me only want half a bag though of c40

Im in,half bag is fine with me, is starman wants to join the split as well? (that would be even better for me), how do we want to organize it?, i dont mind paying for full sack and picking it up but then both of you would have to pick up your share from midway area

Im in,half bag is fine with me, is starman wants to join the split as well? (that would be even better for me), how do we want to organize it?, i dont mind paying for full sack and picking it up but then both of you would have to pick up your share from midway area

Sorry, i'm just playing matchmaker for people looking to split bags. Bill has enough paperwork to coordinate. He did ask we all keep splits to equal shares. Do you guys want to look for someone else and do a 33% split on the C40?

starman said:
Sorry, i'm just playing matchmaker for people looking to split bags. Bill has enough paperwork to coordinate. He did ask we all keep splits to equal shares. Do you guys want to look for someone else and do a 33% split on the C40?

Yes, please keep the splits equal to avoid confusion. Thanks

PM sent for 4 sacks @ 55.

Pending Splits from the other thread looking for additional buyers:

4 x 1 gallon prepack of Star San (1 gallon Each.) Item SS-Star4:
Note this item subject to a Hazardous Material Shipping Surcharge.. $15 per delivery per p.4
Group 1 PM Sent 2.14
Marcusrab
Starman
SudsMcgee
Neopol

Group 2 PM Sent 2.14
PintoBean
RyanMcl
SIUCubFan
Schnibbz

Edit - Two 4 pack groups filled. If anyone else is looking for star san post here for a third 4 pack below:

11Lb czech Saaz pellets (1 lb Ea.):
WEGZ15
PolBoy
Starman
Neopol 1, maybe 2
Need 6-7 more.

MO split (Malter?):
samie85
Needs another

Pils split (Malter?):
samie85
Needs another

Wheat split (Malter?):
ryanmcl
Needs another

Smoked Malt split (Malter?)
PseudoChef
Need another

Crystal 40 or 60 split :
Great Western - 2-row Crystal 40 - GW-C40 - QTY 1@50 , Selected lowest cost domestic, please advise if you want different
Polboy 50%
Inverted 50%

Munich split:
Canada Malting Company - Munich - CM-MUNH - QTY 1@55, Selected lowest cost domestic, please advise if you want different
Samie85 50%
Inverted 50%

Thanks!

Hi,

Canadian is fine for the Munich and Pils malt.

Bairds works for the MO.

Thanks,

bmason1623 said:
The time is right for another group buy run by yours truly. For those of you involved in my previous buys, it will be at the same location as usual. For those of you unfamiliar with the location it is around Cicero/Grand avenues in Chicago (zip 60639).

The usual applies except that this time I can store more than 5 PMs. So feel free to email me your order request. When sending me your information please include the following:

Name of grain
Nomenclature/Item ID
Quantity (full sacks)

All split orders should be determined amongst yourselves then let me know the grain and who is in on the splits and corresponding amounts.

The catalog with all of the grains is the wholesale catalog. All grains except for Briess are available to us. The only extract available to us are 50 pound bags of DME. Hops are available to us but the pricing is in a different catalog, Homebrewer's Catalog, which I will try to get tomorrow. The hops pricing isn't all that great to be honest.

Once we fill up a pallet or two (or three?), the buy will be closed off and I will submit the spreadsheet for quotation. Once the quote comes back to me I will post it online for everyone to review. Then I will collect money through either cash, paypal or check/money order. I will not order anything until *everyone* has paid.

If you have any questions please let me know. typicallym these buys take about 5-6 weeks between the initial announcement to people picking up at my place. Post your questions on here so that either I or others can answer them for you. Thanks and happy brewing!

2 sacks for me. I PM'd you.
Thanks!

Any interest in half a sack of Baird's Maris Otter or CMC Superior Pilsner to complete my pending splits?

samie85 said:
Any interest in half a sack of Baird's Maris Otter or CMC Superior Pilsner to complete my pending splits?

If nobody wants to split those let me know I will at least do the pils. Maybe the mo.

i would prefer to split it 3 ways but if there is no one else i will do 50/50 with inverted
thanks

we're at 65 bags so far.

please send Starman all of your split requests and he will send me the final tally. Also, please check the spreadsheet for any mistakes. Thanks.

Before I throw in my full bag orders, so as to work this out, per the instructions, beforehand...

Thomas fawcett and sons....

Would like to do splits (preferably half bag splits) of:

Crystal 120 - Dark Crystal 2 (TF&S) 55# TF-DCRY120
Chocolate (TF&S) 55# TF-CHOC
Brown (TF&S) 55# TF-BRWN

If anyone is up for splits, preferably half bag splits but im willing to go to quarters if that's all that's available.... then please let me know so we can work something out.

Before I throw in my full bag orders, so as to work this out, per the instructions, beforehand...

Thomas fawcett and sons....

Would like to do splits (preferably half bag splits) of:

Crystal 60 - Crystal 1 (TF&S) 55# TF-CRY65
Crystal 120 - Dark Crystal 2 (TF&S) 55# TF-DCRY120
Chocolate (TF&S) 55# TF-CHOC
Brown (TF&S) 55# TF-BRWN

If anyone is up for splits, preferably half bag splits but im willing to go to quarters if that's all that's available.... then please let me know so we can work something out.

you can send in your full bag orders if you want. I just ask that the splits be worked out among the participants then sent to Starman, which he will then send to me. Thanks.

Polboy said:
i would prefer to split it 3 ways but if there is no one else i will do 50/50 with inverted
thanks

I'm good at half or third what ever works

Holy crap! Need to get my base malts PM in. I'm interested in a crystal split though if there are still matches looking to be made. 40, 60, 80, anything like that will work.

Holy crap! Need to get my base malts PM in. I'm interested in a crystal split though if there are still matches looking to be made. 40, 60, 80, anything like that will work.

PM me with your full bag order. PM Starman with your desired splits. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back