It is 12:55 am and I...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy the late night brewing myself. I tell my girlfriend I can't pitch yeast before midnight. Sort of like not feeding gremlins after midnight.

It's definitely cooler but the ground water temps are still really warm. I ended up racking at 90f and putting it in ther fermemting fridge. I pitched this evening at about 72f. Brewing in this Texas heat can be a PITA!

i'm going to brew 10 gallons of a special bitter tomorrow in the texas heat, but i have several ice bottles and a tub ready to cool it after the i.c. does it's thing. it'll be 105 or so by then, and the ground water is hot as h@@@ by then.

It's almost midnight and I'm just about to start a 60 min boil. Should be pitching by 1:30am. Glad to hear I'm not the only one...

I just finished my brewday. I agree the Texas heat is a real PITA. When I started it was 106, its still above 90 right now. Took me 30 min to get wort down to 80. That's using a plate chiller with a 40' pr-chiller. Now its in the fermentation fridge cooling down to 67.

It's almost midnight and I'm just about to start a 60 min boil. Should be pitching by 1:30am. Glad to hear I'm not the only one...

Dear God, you people are crazy. My last two brews were nightmarish and started at 7 ish. 7 hours and several snags later, I just about wanted to quit brewing forever. Those were abnormalities though. I really hope you have more mental fortitude than I do.

P.S. late night brewing and drinking don't mix, for me at least. When it's 3 AM and you're mopping your kitchen, you will wish beer wasn't so delicious.

Back