Continuing Love Controller Woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggage

Reaction score
Quick question for anyone who has set up a chest freezer with a Love Controller. My controller is a Love TSD-10110. I'm trying to get it set up with my chest freezer.

love_controller4.jpg

My hot supply line is going to terminal 6. My neutral supply line is spliced and goes to terminal 7 as well as on to the compressor. I didn't know what to do with the supply ground, which was previously screwed to the stock thermostat. So I just screwed the supply ground to the freezer frame. I put a jumper between 6 and 8. Then I have a (switched?) hot line coming out of 10 and on to the compressor. My temp probe's blue line is on terminal 2 and its brown is on terminal 4.

When I plug in, my controller is alternating between an "Erp" code and the probe temperature. The controller also isn't kicking on the compressor. I'm not sure if setting the temp is more complicated than hitting set and using the up and down arrows, but this is having no effect. Thanks! - Anthony

Move the jumper between terminals 6 and 8 to terminals 6 and 9, move the line going to your compressor from terminal 10 to 8 and you shound be good to go for turning on the compressor. If you want to power a heater, connect it to terminal 10. I can tell by reading the manual that the ERP means you have a configuration error. Read the manual and go through each configuration setting and make sure they are correct.

Thanks! Brau_Haus gave me the same advice. I was just PM'ing that worked great. As soon as I moved my from 6 and 8 to 6 and 9, and moved the line going to my compressor from terminal 10 to 8 it immediately worked.

I'm still getting the Erp code, but I'm going to work on that. Manual is vague and I'm not familiar with going through and checking the parameters, but I hope I'll be able to figure it out. Thanks again, Sawdust!

Fixed it! It was set up default for 2 probes but I had only one connected. Got the parameter set to 1 and was good to go! Thanks Brau_Haus and Guy!

This is how I got it finally working, with help from the Brew_Haus and SawDustGuy:

Temp probe: Blue on terminal 2; Brown on terminal 4.

Jumper: terminal 6 to 9.

Neutral (white): Spliced to pass through from wall outlet on to compressor with a wire also going to terminal 7.

Black (hot) wire coming from wall outlet going to terminal 6.

Black (hot) wire going to compressor from terminal 8.

Well, I thought it was fixed but apparently I spoke too soon. I went through the manual and checked every parameter, but for some reason it's not turning off the compressor when it reaches the set point.

I think it must be a wiring issue? Maybe the way I have it set up now is just passing current right through the controller without any control over it?

I almost froze some beer by accident, so this clearly is of great importance. Thanks again!

verify that your probe is reading. if it was set for a double probe, and you turned on off, you may have turned off the one you had hooked up.

Okay, an update on the final (working) wiring: Brew_Haus and SawDustGuy and ClaudiusB:

Temp probe: Blue on terminal 2; Brown on terminal 4.

Jumper: terminal 6 to 9.

Neutral (white): Spliced to pass through from wall outlet on to compressor with a wire also going to terminal 7.

Black (hot) wire coming from wall outlet going to terminal 6.

Black (hot) wire going to compressor from terminal 10.

--

Set r0 between 1-3 for testing.
Set C1 to 0
Look at the out LED
Set the set point to 100
Keep the probe temp below 100
The out LED should be off

Just wired mine the same way and went through the setup procedures but I'm still getting ErP flashing on the screen. The fridge is cooling properly and everything but I'm still getting the error. Anyone know how to fix this?

There are a lot of parameters to list, could you suggest which ones should be modified. I'm using it for refrigeration, looking to have it at 44 with a 4 degree differential. I've got it working and everything it's just the error that won't go away.

BlackTie, I'd post all of them if you still don't have it fixed. Claudius helped me out with mine, but it was some off parameter that was set incorrectly.

I can't remember for certain, but I think mine did this when I had it set for two probes instead of one. I think that one was setting P4. (it should be "1" not "2").

Back