Sam Adams Utopia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
Has anyone on here actually sampled this? I know its a holy grail for many, but I wonder how much is actually hype and limited availability marking it up. Two on ebay atm, one for 400.00 the other is over 200 with 4 days left. Just curious if its actually "that" good.

Utopia is aged in casks that were used for port, cognac and whiskey. When I tasted it the aroma was strong and sweet which reminded me of cognac. Maple Syrup is the best aroma that I can think to match it up to. Visually it was dark amber like a cognac. The taste was not like any traditional beer, with zero carbonation and a toffee/caramel like taste. This was more like a cognac than anything else to me, and my opinion is that while it is a remarkable “work of art” it is not something that I would personally spend my money on, or have another sip of…. It’s 25% alcohol and is very smooth and palatable with that in mind.

I remember seeing that post, wonder how he is doing.

Thanks for the summary Hayabusa, that's what I was looking for!

Latest posts

Back