Austin Homebrew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kahunaman

Reaction score
Hey..
I know a lot of you work with Austin Homebrew for ingredients and supplies.
Just a couple thoughts... maybe I want to complain a bit? Who knows..

Anywayl...
1. Whats with the lag time on Shipping? I placed my order on Sunday and it went out on Thursday. THey didn't say anything was out of stock or delayed or anything.

2. I called 3 times for various reasons, and each time got some kid on the phone that couldn't be bothered... made it sound like I was bothering him. Which, I'm sure I was - but this kid is getting paid for that right?

Anyway - they have great stuff, I just hate being crapped on by companies I want to do business with.
/rant off.

I personally haven't experienced the lag, but I'm sure it happens sometimes. I think they have one particular guy working there that isn't very good on the phone. I've spoken with him before as well. In general, I've been very happy with their service and shipping. I've had some errors on orders in the past, and they have always sent me a replacement or correction immediately, on their dime. The owner, Forrest, is a member here, and if you have issues, I believe he encourages you to PM him with your problem.

i do know forrest has been experiencing a high turnover of late on his warehouse/shipping side. that may be the problem in this case but if you have your order# and such he'll be on later i'm sure

Sorry for the delay on your package. We had a very large sale that put us behind in shipping. We also had someone quit at the same time. We normally ship in 2 days like most online retailers. We have an expedite service that puts your order at the front of the line if you pay regular UPS shipping charges. The $6.99 flat rate is a large savings in shipping charges and those orders go out in the same order they are received. If you want your order shipped out the same day select the expedited service. If you want to save money with the flat rate shipping, your order will ship in the order we receive them.

I can afford to maintain the $6.99 flat rate if we can ship the orders out in the order they come. I can hire extra people so that all orders go out the same day but that would require me to double the shipping staff and I would have to eliminate the $6.99 flat rate shipping.

People prefer the $6.99 shipping. We just had one customer save $186 on a $500 order.

Thanks for your order and understanding.

Forrest

I have no complaints at all on the shipping times. I have had a couple larger orders that anywhere else the shipping would have killed me (3 glass carboys in one order). I can wait a few extra days and save all that cash on the shipping.

If you're just being impatient, well then maybe you should consider paying the premium on the shipping.

If it is truly an error on Austin Homebrew Supply's part, well then I guess you have a legitimate complaint. Like previously mentioned in this and many other threads, Forrest is a good guy and he takes very good care of us. He is the first guy you should talk to with these kinds of issues. He'll get to the bottom of it.

This is all very simple, if you want it FAST pay for the expedited shipping. If you don't mind waiting a few extra days, then go flat rate and save some $$.

I swear there is a new post like this every week, or 20 of them everytime Austin Homebrew has a sale. Forrest has done a great job bringing us some great deals and good products.

Thanks again Forrest.

Thanks for the Feedback. i have no problem waiting, and the cheap shipping is clutch. I just didn't like the attitude I got on the phone.

Thanks Forrest. You're my supplier for goods.

Hey..
I know a lot of you work with Austin Homebrew for ingredients and supplies.
Just a couple thoughts... maybe I want to complain a bit? Who knows..

Anywayl...
1. Whats with the lag time on Shipping? I placed my order on Sunday and it went out on Thursday. THey didn't say anything was out of stock or delayed or anything.

2. I called 3 times for various reasons, and each time got some kid on the phone that couldn't be bothered... made it sound like I was bothering him. Which, I'm sure I was - but this kid is getting paid for that right?

Anyway - they have great stuff, I just hate being crapped on by companies I want to do business with.
/rant off.

The few times i have called, i must have got the same guy. He really doesnt like to be bothered by customers!!!!

I would encourage you guys to get the person's name that you talked to. Forrest and AHS have been nothing but amazing to me in the customer service department so you guys definitely haven't gotten the norm.

I like Austin's prices, and yes - I totally understand any shipping lag because I'm getting 6.99 shipping. Completely worth it..
but it seems like a few of us have gotten the same guy on the phone.
Oh well. I'll still buy there.

I've never posted on this forum but I had to get a reply in on this one. What's this guy's problem, is he living in a cave? Austin Homebrew is a great site that I use whenever I need homebrew supplies. Delay in shipping? Whatever dude.... site clearly states that there is a 2-3 day wait for shipping when you pay 6.99. And bad customer service??? If you don't know how to handle poor customer service reps, you probably aren't old enough to be brewing your own beer.

I've never posted on this forum but I had to get a reply in on this one. What's this guy's problem, is he living in a cave? Austin Homebrew is a great site that I use whenever I need homebrew supplies. Delay in shipping? Whatever dude.... site clearly states that there is a 2-3 day wait for shipping when you pay 6.99. And bad customer service??? If you don't know how to handle poor customer service reps, you probably aren't old enough to be brewing your own beer.

I think you would have been better off continuing to not post. The wait he stated in his post was from Sunday to Thursday, not the 2-3 days you so clearly state in your post. The OP said he totally understood the delay in shipping and would continue to patronize Austin Homebrew. What he was upset with was the attitude he got on the phone. Poor customer service is a definite deal breaker for most people. I do not believe you are doing Forrest any favors trying to excuse that behavior.

Not really sure who you are. Probably the little kid that answered the phone the three times I called when i had problems with my order, who basically blew me off while probably playing his Nintendo DS or talking to his mom about what he wanted for dinner.

I actually consult customer service for a living, which is why I wanted to make it a point to point out the problems that I had. As a business owner, I WANT to hear what people have problems with so I can fix them. Forrest gave me a very valid response, and I appreciated his honesty. I got my shipment today and everything was in order... and I will continue to do business with them.

There are hundreds of home brew suppliers just like Austin on the internet. I had a problem, and they responded properly and kept my business. Had I said nothing, I'd have just taken my business elsewhere.

I honestly think its an absolute disgrace how almost everyone has treated the OP. Seems like just about everyone wants to jump to conclusions around here. In no way was the guy being slanderous in his comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back