noob beersmith questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerthirty

big beers turn my gears
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, after being beaten up a little about brewing software I have decided to try Beersmith. Having already tried BTP and not understanding the program enough to use it, I really wasn't interested in buying another program. So I checked the threads to determine the predominate and easiest to use program and downloaded the trial version of Beersmith. I have already inputted the first 2 pages for units and batch type per instructions. question, do I need to alter the parameters for water and other ingredients for the program to give me accurate information? Other than the help file is there a source of info that will help me learn to use this program effectively? I was playing around in the mash tab altering temps and quantites just to see the changes the program would make and it didn't make any changes even when I used extreme alterations to both temp and grain quantities. My beer tastes fine to me, but if I could use the software to help me make it easier or consistently better I am all for using it. any help to this noob would be appreciated.

Back