Didn't Get That New Kettle for the Holidays? Enter Here...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a nice holiday and hopefully some time off from work to get some brews in. For those that are not aware I'm a new vendor here specializing in home brew kettles. If you're in the market for a new kettle please email or give me a call :mug:

Ben Caya
www.spikebrewing.com

Good to have a "local" (to the forum) vendor on hand. :)

My only suggestion would be to figure out how to scale those images on your store website, they're all squished and such. Should be easy enough, just don't define a height for the image snippet. The zoom-in versions look great.

:mug:

Good to have a "local" (to the forum) vendor on hand. :)

My only suggestion would be to figure out how to scale those images on your store website, they're all squished and such. Should be easy enough, just don't define a height for the image snippet. The zoom-in versions look great.

:mug:

That's on my things to do list but thanks for the suggestion. Outta town for the holidays but will get new pics uploaded once I'm back.

I thought the image sizing was intentional to match the logo... I need coffee.

So does the 10 Gallon Home Brew Kettle (2 Vertical Couplers) include the ball valve and thermometer? If yes it looks like I know where I'm spending my Christmas cash.

Sorry for being a little slow but what exactly is the coupler? A place to screw in the ball valve/thermometer?

Sorry for being a little slow but what exactly is the coupler? A place to screw in the ball valve/thermometer?

Exactly it's threaded for a ball valve, thermometer, sight glass, etc.

Great Prices .....
Is 15 Gal the biggest?
No 20 gal or 25/26 gal or 30 gal?

I also have 20 and 25 gallon sizes. Same style as my 15gal kettles; 1mm thick, lid, steamer tray for false bottom.

Excuse me as this question may be extremely NOOB but im in the arena for a brewpot. Would the 1mm stainless hold up to an open flame burner?I currently do extract brews cause im still new at it so this pot would be my one and only.

What are the prices on those sizes? What are the dimensions on them as well?

20gal - $180 (2 couplers) 16.5H x 18W
25gal - $220 (2 couplers) 18.5H x 20W

As for dimensions I'll have to double check when I'm back in town but those are close.

Excuse me as this question may be extremely NOOB but im in the arena for a brewpot. Would the 1mm stainless hold up to an open flame burner?I currently do extract brews cause im still new at it so this pot would be my one and only.

1mm is plenty thick for a turkey fryer burner. I've personally tested all the kettles with a 55,000BTU burner and have had customers use them with a 220,000BTU burner with no scorching issues.

I don't see shipping rates listed on the site. I'd be interested in seeing prices with shipping and built out with and without various options like thermo, sight glass, etc.

I don't see shipping rates listed on the site. I'd be interested in seeing prices with shipping and built out with and without various options like thermo, sight glass, etc.

Shipping for a 15gal is a flat $25 and $15 for a 10gal (if I'm not mistaken). You can order with me via email for a better rate.

Would you be able to put in a coupler to thread in a water heater element? Say in a 15 gal pot with 2 couplers. price? local pickup of course (I love Wisconsin)

I'm looking at going electric and I'd love to stay with everything welded.

Shipping for a 15gal is a flat $25 and $15 for a 10gal (if I'm not mistaken). You can order with me via email for a better rate.

Wish I had seen this before ordering. Oh well. I'm looking forward to getting it. I'll let everyone know what I think once I've brewed a batch or two in it.

Would you be able to put in a coupler to thread in a water heater element? Say in a 15 gal pot with 2 couplers. price? local pickup of course (I love Wisconsin)

I'm looking at going electric and I'd love to stay with everything welded.

I've been looking into that for awhile now. The main problem is that water heater elements are straight threaded and nobody makes a 1" straight thread coupler; everything is tapered. So to answer you're question at the moment no I can't.

P.S I love Wisconsin too :rockin:

Are these the regular prices? Or sale prices?

Regular prices

Haven't guys had success using a 1" half coupler for the elements?
Might be a little more tricky for welding though, smaller fitting to work with.

How much to add aditional couplers in different spots say for a recirc or whirlpool, or herms. Also price and shipping breaks if someone orders more than one pot? Say 3?

Last question: how closely does the steamer fit into the bottom if you were to use it as the foundation of a false bottom?

How much to add aditional couplers in different spots say for a recirc or whirlpool, or herms. Also price and shipping breaks if someone orders more than one pot? Say 3?

Last question: how closely does the steamer fit into the bottom if you were to use it as the foundation of a false bottom?

$15/ coupler and I can work out shipping breaks if you would buy 3. The false bottom fits pretty tightly around the diameter of the kettle and sits about 2.5" from the bottom. I've had customers lay a stainless screen over it and use it as a false bottom with great results.

I've been looking into that for awhile now. The main problem is that water heater elements are straight threaded and nobody makes a 1" straight thread coupler; everything is tapered. So to answer you're question at the moment no I can't.

I can get you the coupler to weld in if you want. I am sure you can do it. It doesn't have to be straight taper, with the ring, it is sealed quite well. Keep the heat on the fitting, for awhile, no secrets. Heat the mass, and then get the kettle to join. No big deal.

I like my kettle ball valves oriented 90 degrees counter-clockwise from yours. Depending on the burner setup, it is possible/likely that the rubber material on the valve handle will scorch and melt -- mine did on my first generation kettle. With the valves rotated, the handle points skyward when the valve is closed during the boil, protecting it from scorching. Just a random observation -- the kettles look great and you've got one hell of a price on 'em. Good luck!

Did anyone that ordered one of these after seeing this thread get theirs yet?

I haven't ordered, but see that you ordered prior to 29 December. Does this mean that you haven't yet received yours?

We are running behind on orders from the holidays. We switched from soldering the couplers on back to welding them on. There's been all sorts of delays and I'm disappointed in how long it's taking. I appreciate all the patience my customers are giving me.

I emailed him some questions a few weeks ago and never received a reply?????

I respond to all emails. Check your spam folder maybe? Or feel free to ask them on here.

Back