South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 2!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fish scale seemed to work good with the buckets. I will bring it along.

And I confirm my total on page 1

Confirming my order,
Barids Pale ale x2
CM 2 Row x1
T&F marris otter x1
Best Munich x1
thanks again

How about a 2 pallet order? Lol. We can take at least 6 sacks, maybe another 10 total. We'll get in on the next order. I can't imagine being able to fill another pallet. If anyone wants to split their 1/3 sack of specialty, let me know.

I've got a sack of vienna on the way that I would be happy to split with you

Lordura, how and when should we pay you? Paypal?

My order looks good. Thanks again for setting this up

kryolla: 1x CM-2ROW, 1x BZ-WHT, 1x BZ-PILS

OLDBREW: 1x TF-MOPA, 1x CM-2ROW, 1/3x GW-C60 (CONFIRMED)

Remember that the guy doing the paperwork and setting up the buy receives a sack of malt for their trouble, which comes out under a buck per sack, so throw an extra dollar per sack onto your total. I will pick up the buck for the split of the GW-C60 in my order.

If you ordered sacks through the homebrew shop, they would charge you 50-60 bucks for cheapest sack.

I will confirm my order
1x Best Malz - Pils
2x Bairds Marris Otter - Pale ale
2/3 x Best Malz - Wheat

I just need to know how to pay.

Remember that the guy doing the paperwork and setting up the buy receives a sack of malt for their trouble, which comes out under a buck per sack, so throw an extra dollar per sack onto your total. I will pick up the buck for the split of the GW-C60 in my order.

If you ordered sacks through the homebrew shop, they would charge you 50-60 bucks for cheapest sack.

Sounds good, How do we go about figuring out our costs per bag / shipping

Confirming my order,
Barids Pale ale x2
CM 2 Row x1
T&F marris otter x1
Best Munich x1
thanks again

when ordering look up the codes in the sales book then type them in like below
then there is no confusion on what you want. Best Malz light or dark munich malt for example has different codes.

2 x BD-PALE
1 x CM-2 ROW
1 x TF-MOPA
1 x BZ-MUNH
1/2 x CM-WHET

Sounds good, How do we go about figuring out our costs per bag / shipping

He will send you your total including shipping once everyone has confirmed.
just throw a buck per sack extra.

Don't let him tell you it is not needed. I've run these bulk buys in the past and there is more then meets the eye when getting them together.

Looks like I am a little late to the party here . . . I think this buy is closed up, but just wanted to see if there is any chance of adding 4 more sacks to this buy?

It seems like there are a few people still wanting to get in -- wondering how much more work is it to consider a second pallet for these folks?

It's not much harder as long as the pallet fills quickly. If it drags on, the first pallet receivers have to wait. The plus is you may be able to get a pricing for
> 4000 lbs.

Generally for homebrewers, the pricing is based on each item ordered being over or under 1000 lbs for price point. Once you fill the pallet completely (42 sacks) you can often but not always get them to give you the > 2000 - lb pricing point even though your weight is combined weight, not single malt weight.

2 pallets they may even give you > 4000 to 8000 lb pricing, but nothing is set in stone because the pricing is technically based on individual malt weights

re confirming with an update to be less confusing

rtt121: 1x CM-WHET 1x BD-PILS 2/3x GB-HONY, 1/3x GW-C120

I will confirm my order
1x Best Malz - Pils
2x Bairds Marris Otter - Pale ale
2/3 x Best Malz - Wheat

I just need to know how to pay.

who are you splitting that wheat with? once everyone has confirmed, i'll send out the price and payment details but you can check the link on the first post to get an idea

Thanks for even giving waiting for a second pallet consideration, if a second pallet can be added I am in for at least the following:

BD-MOPA - 1
BD-PILS - 1
CM-2ROW - 2

I could probably also be persuaded to split a bag of Wheat or Munich if needed, but I will hold off on that until we see if it is needed.

Thanks again.

Adding a second pallet would delay the group buy for to long. filling another 42 bags would be a stretch. im sure i'll be setting up another buy in a month. the last one was only a month ago!

We are almost all confirmed so i'll get the pricing sent out to everyone who has confirmed tonight.

thanks for everyone who jumped on this thing!

works for me, where was the pickup? I'll schedule a meeting in a NJ office that day so i'm over there :), find a local bar to kill the 2 hours until 7:30

when ordering look up the codes in the sales book then type them in like below
then there is no confusion on what you want. Best Malz light or dark munich malt for example has different codes.

http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/pricing/NC_SalesBook.pdf

2 x BD-PALE
1 x CM-2 ROW
1 x TF-MOPA
1 x BZ-MUNH
1/2 x CM-WHET

Great, thanks for the link. Always looking to minimize confusion. the above looks good.

works for me, where was the pickup? I'll schedule a meeting in a NJ office that day so i'm over there :), find a local bar to kill the 2 hours until 7:30

the pick up was at New England Motor Freight in Pennsauken, NJ

they have been cool about us using the parking lot there to split the pallet up.

weekday nights are good for me,
any estimate on when this might come in?

Also I think I'll be paying you for the bag of munich Twoodward and I are going to split, and we'll settle up later.

Lordura, is there any chance there is enough interest to get a second pallet on this order?

A secondpallet would take a lot longer to fill. Maybe we'd get 15 bags right away? Then we would have to wait for the rest before we can order. As soon as this one is done and picked up, I'll start another group buy right away but I wouldn't expect it to fill nearly as fast.

So the day after pick up, I'll start taking orders for the next buy.

How long do you think it will take to get the order in and picked up? Just curious because I wanted to brew again soon.

A secondpallet would take a lot longer to fill. Maybe we'd get 15 bags right away? Then we would have to wait for the rest before we can order. As soon as this one is done and picked up, I'll start another group buy right away but I wouldn't expect it to fill nearly as fast.

So the day after pick up, I'll start taking orders for the next buy.

you're quite the dedicated organizer! :mug:

as soon as the money for all orders clear in his bank account, the order gets placed then it only usually takes 2 -3 day for delivery. so the answer is the faster everyone gets the money to him the faster it gets ordered.

Lordura,

Make sure you ask for the malting analysis certs. for this order. Those generic analysis in the book are often off.

Back