New label picts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre the giant

Reaction score
Its been a while since I've posted some of my wife's handiwork. Here's some of the latest.
1324-helles.gif

Kim is my wife, she's always liked the Shakespeare quote, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." But she's always modified it with her name. This is her birthday beer, and its a Helles, so it all makes sense.
1324-belgain-tripel.gif

I just love this one.
1324-blueberry-ale.gif

1324-american-pils.gif

Nice stuff! I really like the thematic consistency. Do you use paper/computer labels - and just out of curiosity what type of bottles do you usually use?

Well, we usually use our regular paper in an ink jet printer. We use gluestick to apply them. Definintely not sophisticated. Recently I printed some labels on our expensive color copier/printer here at work. (we do advertising, video and graphic design) I'll be printing my labels here from now on.

Bottle wise, I use whatever I can find. I've bought a few cases of new bottles. I've consumed and used New Belgium bottles, Sam Adams, Schlafly (St Louis brewery) Bass, Harp, just about any non twist off I can get my hands on. I avoid Corona/Rolling Rock type bottles where the label is actually painted on the bottle. And even though I love the shape of Guiness bottles, they suck for labeling.

I really like the idea of numbering your brews. I've been doing it in my head, but I think I'll start adding that to my label. I really like the 50's imagery in some of your other labels too.
-Ben

Back