Trub in primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptKaos

Reaction score
Just finished brewing a BB summer ale last night and have an enormous amount of trub floating in the primary and settled on the bottom. Is this bad? Should I siphon it off to a secondary? The yeast has been pitched and activity has started.

Just leave it be, the trub will compact down, no need to secondary at all. Check gravity in a couple of weeks.
Congratulations, you made beer

Thanks Chef! It's been three years and a nasty divorce since I have brewed. Brewing again today. Got a new filter for my funnel that wasn't potato chipped

Just leave it be, the trub will compact down, no need to secondary at all. Check gravity in a couple of weeks.
Congratulations, you made beer

Agree w/ChefRex. Let it sit for 3 weeks and most of the trub will settle out to the bottom. Then rack to bottling bucket of keg.

Welcome back to the wonderful world of home brewing. Hmmm what to brew tomorrow? I have the "stuff" for 3 different brews. :mug:

Latest posts

Back