Need some advice...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugs13

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering if you could help me with a question. Last night I brewed up our Irish Ale and had somewhat of a rough brewing sesssion. I missed our OG, not by much though. I ran out of time as things went late into the night and so I got the wort into the carboy at around 79F capped it and let sit in a cold bath over night. I did not pitch any yeast. My question: is it still possible to boil up some extra DME and add to the existing wort to bring the OG up or is it too late? Again, I have not pitched any yeast at this point and the wort is in the carboy and had just sat overnight. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks again.

I don't think it would be a problem as long as you boil the DME. I would cool it down before adding it then just pitch the yeast right away.

LimerickBrewCo said:
I don't think it would be a problem as long as you boil the DME. I would cool it down before adding it then just pitch the yeast right away.

Yup, I thought it wouldnt be an issue but thought I would ask. Understood, thanks.

Latest posts

Back