Propane Quick Disconnect?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoxbrew

Reaction score
I'm starting a 3 tier sculpture build. It'll be horizontal in nature (i.e. not the tree style 3 tier), but I plan on making the 3rd tier removable to save on storage space.

That said, since the 3rd tier will have a burner for the HLT, I'm curious if there's a propane quick-disconnect that can handle the psi of the banjo burner?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

are you planning to run everything from a single propane tank and just need a disconnect for the line?

yes. most will be hardline. softline to propane tank obviously and then soft line to 3rd tier with quick connect.

I'm a propane service tech, I've seen disconnects at trade shows but I'm not sure where you can get one retail. I guess google is ur friend

You can use normal air compressor quick disconnects. The seals in them are almost always buna-n, which is compatible with propane.

Any reason a standard airline disconnect won't work for propane if it's after the regulator? 30psi is 30psi right? I regularly use mine above 100psi on my air compressor without problem. Just a thought, I don't know if it would be appropriate due to it being propane though?

Back