Progressive Metal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thataintchicken

Reaction score
Your homework assignment.

Fates Warning.
OSI.
Redemption.

I'm tired of being the only person on this board that knows who these bands are.

Listen.
Learn.
Understand.

afterwards, your next assignment will be to see the RUSH documentary in a theatre near you. This Documentary is by Banger productions, ( cheesy name but hey...great product ) the same folks that produced IronMaiden Flight 666.

homebrew is good.
Homebrew and Prog Metal is :rockin:

Your homework assignment.

I'm tired of being the only person on this board that knows who these bands are.

I would say that I am well versed in the knowledge of the variety of metals that we have to choose from. However I have never heard of these bands you list. I have taken a big liking to the progressive style that seems to be booming from the east coast. What I have been listening to a lot lately, is Born of Osiris, After the Burial, Circle of Contempt (these guys are only O.K.) and Veil of Maya.

I like a lot of different stuff... recently I have been listening to other metal genres (black metal, finnish metal) Cthonic, Enfold Darkness, Winds of Plague, Kalmah, and Mors Principorum Est (i know i spelled that wrong)

Have you heard these bands? Would this be what you consider progressive?
Also, have you heard of the instrumental band called Animals as Leaders? I don't know if I would call it metal, but it very heavy, very technical, and somewhat abstract. Its the black dude who played in the first commercial release album of Born of Osiris... Tsonin or something like that... the guy is a god on an axe/bass.

I am am right there with you guys. I am a metal head at heart, and am just as fanatic about metal (music in general)as beer. Redemption is brilliant! Have you heard of “Spiral Architect” ? Amazing progressive metal.

Non the less Home Brew and Good Black Metal, Doom metal, Technical Death, Ambient Black, Progressive is the best!

I personally play music for my beer inside the temp control chamber i have, i feel it defines the yeast.

A Stout- will hear "strid", "burzum", "nocternity", "Ekove Efrits"
IPA -demand Symphonic Black metal such as "kataxu", "enslavement of beauty,"
Imperial styles Barly Wines- like doomish ambient music like "Skepticism", My dying Bride" etc...
Browns, APA's, Ambers- "keep of kalessin", "ceremonial casting", "Pyre"
Cream ALes- i strickly play "bieber" hahahahahaha!

jk but seriously good music.

Back