Starter kit with everything included

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williambeck

Reaction score
I followed all the directions on the kit instruction except i added brown sugar as suggested by the distributor to add some color. Let the wort ferment for one week and all activity in the airlock had stopped Put my Priming sugar in secondary bucket and bottled Beeer Taste really good but has no head. Why is that?

Can you clarify if you tasted it after you had left it in the bottles for a week or more, or immediately from the bottling bucket?

If directly from the bottling bucket: this is normal. It doesn't have any carbonation as the yeast have not processed the priming sugar yet, hence no carbonation.

Or, it's simply too soon.. Leave your bottled beer alone for a week or two.. By then it should have carbonated.

Cheers,
Awfers

Straight after bottling I didnt know I had to wait never have waited when using liquid yeast the yeast i got in the kit was powdered.

After you bottle your beer the yeast will consume the priming sugar and release CO2 into the bottles. The bottles are sealed so the CO2 has nowhere to go but back into your beer creating carbonation (head). The process of the CO2 going back into the beer takes time, this is why we suggest to leave your beer in the bottle for a few weeks.

Straight after bottling I didnt know I had to wait never have waited when using liquid yeast the yeast i got in the kit was powdered.

It doesn't matter if it's liquid or dry yeast, you still have to wait for it to produce CO2 within the bottles. Thats why you add additional sugar prior to bottling.

I followed all the directions on the kit instruction except i added brown sugar as suggested by the distributor to add some color. Let the wort ferment for one week and all activity in the airlock had stopped Put my Priming sugar in secondary bucket and bottled Beeer Taste really good but has no head. Why is that?

Did you bottle the beer immediately after you added the priming sugar to the secondary? Once you add the priming sugar the yeast begins converting it to alcohol and CO2, so if it is not in a sealed vessel you are not going to get carbonation.

Back