Brutus 5!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaredwhite

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am in the process of collecting materials to make a Brutus 5 (I am not really ready to make the jump to 10 gallons and am getting married soon so I'm also trying to save some dough) I have been looking around trying to find those short thermowells that I have seen some people inserting into a stainless steel tee in order to monitor the temp of the outflow of the mash and HLT. This would make life much easier for me seeing how I have invested into 10 gallon boilermakers and the thermometers on those babies are set pretty high (about 4 gallons or so).

Can anyone help me with finding these things?

Just the 2" - fits nicely. Not sure you'd want it much longer; at some point, it would make closing the ball valve impossible. I just wanted it to extend most of the way into the tee.

Thanks a lot! However I found these RTD probes from Auber that seem like they will be a little more accurate as the probe isn't enclosed by a thermowell. I like this idea a little more, all I need is a 1/2" to 1/4" bushing for what I found. My new problem with this is that I am not sure if this is a universal probe. I already have Love TS controllers and am hoping I can wire these probes into them. Here's the link:

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=189

Is anyone familiar with these things?

Back