CO2 regulator help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo

Reaction score
I recently got a co2 tank and regulator off of CL. The regulator is this: http://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=7106#

I do not see anywhere to adjust the psi output from the regulator. The only adjustment I can find is adjusting the cubic feet output from 0-2CF per hour. Does anyone know if this regulator can be modified to what we need for beer?

If need be I can upload more detailed pics.

Thanks.

If you use that setup your gonna need to ditch the gauge and the solenoid along with the flow meter. Then you can put on a PSI gauge on and where it goes to the soon to be non existent solenoid valve, you will route that to a keg or a gas distribution block. You have a lot of stuff that you don't need.

You might sell it and turn a profit to get just a gas regulator.

Sounds like you purchased from a pot growing supplier. Change out the flow meter for gauges as posted above. I would use the flow meter to oxygenate your wort in your fermenter.

LMAO; they busted a grandmother in her late 70's as a grower and street dealer around a year ago. Maybe granny had a pain condition needing cannabis for relief? What ever it's yours now congrats. At least your ahead with a flow meter for aerating your wort later. The Co2 vs O2 flows will be close enough to monitor the O2 amount. Now having your hops under grow lamps in the yard plus brewing only at night around 3 AM would get the neighbors attention.

It's made to flood a green house with CO2 gas. Pressure at the out put end is not a relevant consideration. Plants transpire at a rate that the grower can calculate and get a Cubic foot per time period.

Or stated another way: you got the wrong tool.

It's made to flood a green house with CO2 gas. Pressure at the out put end is not a relevant consideration. Plants transpire at a rate that the grower can calculate and get a Cubic foot per time period.

Or stated another way: you got the wrong tool.

A high quality bier regulator from any supplier would be my first choice with duel gauges for under $60 off the top of my head in price. Those that are nickel plated sure look sharp plus they have rebuild kits for the regulators.
That flow meter you have can be saved and used for your wort O2 flow control at the fermenter, not a total loss. If you add a couple gauges without going over the cost of a complete regulator system you'll be good but are rebuilds available for this regulator?
For a O2 flow meter I have a medical one like you see in hospitals measuring from 0-20 LPM @ 30 PSI. Offered new free I had to grab it.

I'll most likely end up trying to sell it. I knew when I got the tank and regulator that the reg wasn't what I needed, but the price was right for the co2 tank.

Back