Sow me your pump/plate chiller stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMWMK2

Reaction score
I am trying to get some ideas for a pump/ plate chiller stand. I do not have a brew stand only a single burner, so im looking for something free standing.
thanks

I don't have either of these items yet but am interested in your post. These are probably the next two upgrades to my system. I was thinking of like a skateboard style setup - mount both to a watersealed board with wheels on the bottom. Could be cool...

I don't have either of these items yet but am interested in your post. These are probably the next two upgrades to my system. I was thinking of like a skateboard style setup - mount both to a watersealed board with wheels on the bottom. Could be cool...[/QUOT

funny, i was thinking the same thing, HD has small dollys for like $10. Maybe a box type set up and have the pump mounted to the side and the plate chiller and thrumeter on top.

I posted this exact same thread a month or two ago. Here's what I did

image-342749061.jpg

image-172405109.jpg

That is a great idea!
I have a platform I threw together out of some scrap wood and I am not all that happy with it.
It works, but takes up way too much room for storage.
Can you show me the bottom of this little beauty?
I want to know how you mounted the pump and chiller to the PVC.

So I stole the idea from sabco. Check it out on their website. I never quite finished it cause I needed to use it. The pump is zip tied to the PVC. The chiller isn't attached to anything except the fittings.

ok, i was wandering around home depot and i came across this for $20. i can bolt the plate chiller to one side and the pump to the bottom of the the other side (where the 2x4 is) to counter balance and run the line through the middle. i even have some casters i can bolt to the bottom. what doy you all think? i think it is a cleaner look than the wooden scraps.

BREW.jpg

BREW3.jpg

BREW2.jpg

Nice idea fpweeks. I've seen similar pieces made from stainless in some breweries I've toured. The portability was really handy for those guys. I saw one where it had two wheels and then a long handle so the guy just grabbed the handle, tilted it bad and rolled it to anyplace he needed it within his brewery.

On the topic of plate chillers.Going to put 2 chillers on my system(still designing it)
Fig 1 or Fig 2 any input on this

Plate chiller duel.jpg

Each chiller should have separate cold in (parallel) and the wort from one to the other (series). The first chiller knock the temp down enough for the second to finish.

Here are some shots of my CFC, O2 and Pump set up. I recirculate it back to the BK if I want to whirlpool and then to the Fermentor when I am done whirlpooling. I also use it for CIP for the MT, BK and Fermentor. I still have to hand scrub the trub line out of the fermentor and sometime BK, bit it cleans the pipes and tubing well.

Sorry, my phone couldn't focus very well on the shiny stuff.

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

limulus said:
Nice idea fpweeks.

I stole the idea from sabco. Check out their website. It's something like $1200 as opposed to my $200......

I like how portable it is, it's perfect for my current hodgepodge brew setup. Down the road it'll get mounted to a brew stand.

Back