• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted! Electric Brewery! Let me know if you have one for sale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbird1977

Reaction score
Looking to jump from extract to electric. I've done enough of the extract to move forward I feel.

Would like to see what I can get on here from other brewers. Looking for a complete system and at least 10 gallons. Also looking for fermenters etc.

I'm in Wisconsin but driving 200+ miles is possible.

Someone here had a nice one for sale yesterday for something like $700. It was nice.

EDIT:Here it is...sorry its a BIAB setup.

I don't have one for sale but I'd be glad to talk shop if you ever come through Milwaukee. I just brewed my 5th batch on my new control panel, but unfortunately my previous control panel is already claimed by a member of our brewing group.

I've been watching WI craigslist posts for brewing for 3 years now and I've only seen one all electric system posted, though you never know when the next one might pop up.

Are you at all interested in wiring your own? Do you want to jump in head first or have the ability to grow out your system? What are you looking to accomplish with your electric system?

I see from your previous posts that you have a 180k burner. I went electric because I don't have a garage and needed to do all grain in my basement. One friend wants to go electric for better mashing temps. Another wants to go electric to stop spending so much on propane.

Depending on your motivations, you might have different intermediate steps.

Depending on what you are looking for, and how much you wanted to spend I would be willing to either sell my current setup, or help you build your own custom setup. Feel free to PM to discuss if interested.

Triangle, the last post I see of yours was you trying to get your valves working 2 days ago. Are you still having problems? I'm just curious what you're looking for from your system and if you've been able to brew on it yet.

I have my valves working, and am now moving on to the automation part of the system. I have yet to brew on the system, I'm waiting on my SSRs from China and then I should be ready to go. The system has been tested except for heat and I'm looking forward to including the automation features over the next few weeks (valves, pump flow, heating, volume bubblers).

I have my valves working, and am now moving on to the automation part of the system. I have yet to brew on the system, I'm waiting on my SSRs from China and then I should be ready to go. The system has been tested except for heat and I'm looking forward to including the automation features over the next few weeks (valves, pump flow, heating, volume bubblers).

Nice I am waiting for my SSR from china too :)

I've got a new larger SS pot with two couplers welded in, that I could sell for cheap. I'm in Madison (monona).

Evandena - how big are the pots gallons wise? I have a 8 gallon one.

Overall, I'm targeting to have this as a pilot brewery in the years down the road for a small basement brew pub. :)

Thanks to everyone as well. I would like to only spend at max $2000.

madbird1977 said:
Evandena - how big are the pots gallons wise? I have a 8 gallon one.

Overall, I'm targeting to have this as a pilot brewery in the years down the road for a small basement brew pub. :)

Thanks to everyone as well. I would like to only spend at max $2000.

This is a 9 gallon

I have an electric system I am building similar to the one in the pictures if you are interested. It will have HLT, bk, mt, pump, plate chiller,and BCS Temperature Control System.
Daniel

image-2042240796.jpg

image-3238874105.jpg

image-663086051.jpg

MadBird,

What are the requirements for your system? That will give us an idea of what you need...

i.e. Do you know if you want HERMS or RIMS or other?
Do you know how large your power demands are? 30A, 50A, 60A?
Do you want to have it hard plumbed with stainless, hard plumbed with tubing, or do you want to move tubes during the process?
Do you want it automated, or do you want to control the process?
Do you want PIDs or would you rather go with a pure manual PWM?
Do you batch sparge or fly sparge?
Do you want to be able to do back to back brews easier, or is 1 per day sufficient?
Are you looking to CIP, or do you want to remove the kegs for cleaning?
Do you want a single tier, 2 tier, 3 tier or eBIAB style system?

etc. Feel free to add anything I may have missed as well.

I am building a new a new 3 keggle system and was going to list my existing single keggle system. 15 gallon keggle 5500 watt element. Wiring harnes for 2 electric keggles. Includes 2 relays and one PWM with SSR for the element.
Ready to go. Just plug in to a 220v GFCI.
Also have a 10 gallon round cooler mash tun and HLT.
Let me know if any interest.

Back