Help needed for Keezer - and my 16 month old son...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilmh

Reaction score
Long story short, I built a budget-build 20 cu ft Keezer using an old Admiral chest freezer from craigslist. Repainted it white, did a simple 2x6 collar, and threw a couple of cheap harbor freight furniture dollys under it to make it mobile.

CO2 tank is loose on the outside, temp controller is mounted on the side of the collar.

I currently have 3 kegs on tap, but all are using picnic taps as I'm slowly building this and still need the shanks and 2 more faucets.

My problem at the moment is that even with the elevated faucet level due to the collar and dollies, my 16 month old son can reach to where the faucets would be. Due to space limitations, my keezer is currently in my finished basement where he plays ALL THE TIME.

I really want to use permenant faucets, but I don't think I can mount them on the collar as they are in his reach.

Should I consider some sort of budget tower for the top of the keezer to mount the faucets from?

Please give me some ideas...

Get one of these

We have a couple and use them all the time for various barriers and ways to keep our toddler away from things - Christmas tree, 60" HDTV and components, fireplace, etc.

I think you can also find them at pet stores too.
They are very handy, you can connect as many or as few pieces as you like - would make a nice "moat" around your keezer :)

edit: even cheaper one

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking PVC pass through tower. Super cheap and perfect for a budget build. Yhinking along these lines....

keezer1.jpg

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/index302.html#post3271939

or a couple of these...
DSCF2394.jpg

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/pvc-dual-draft-tower-old-kenmore-keggerator-258056/

How about a sippy-cup pint glass and a couple of lessons from dad on the proper way to pour from the tap? :D

The word 'no' always worked fine for my girls. We never had outlet plugs, door latches, or locks for my kids. *shrug*

Back