Homemade and super ugly taps/tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geodave

Reaction score
I haven't seen this addressed very often but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough; is it possible to make a draught tap from scratch? I've got a kegerator with just a cobra tap, very low tech but the proper towers are hilariously expensive around here.

If I'm not interested in looks, can I build something using a few valves and connectors from Home Depot? Could something that looks like an outdoor hose connector be as good as a proper draught tap? ;-)

You can build an "irish coffin" (basically just a wooden box) instead of using a tower. But I doubt you can build a faucet yourself and have it work correctly. But who knows - innovation comes from everywhere. I guess you might bea able to rig something up using the cobra faucets with a coffin. Simple beer faucets are not that expensive tho.

A member here did something like this: LINK
S5001214.jpg

I've had similiar thoughts...the cobra tap works too well to discard (for the $$$ of course)...just need a way to fix it up in the tower...???

I'm thinking wood tower w/ a neat hole for a cobra tap/s sticking out.

I recall seeing a keg fridge...the guy merely had cobras sticking out the front...sure no bling...but they perform, easy to clean, never stick, and almost free!

I've been planning on building an irish coffin. This seems cheap and I like the looks. My only other thought is an old brass mushroom, but they don't pop up as often as when I wasn't actually looking...such is life

Back