Infection back through Faucet - Possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea

Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious, my el cheapo faucets start to get sticky after a little while. Anyone ever have bacterial growth in the faucet cause problems?

Also, how often should one clean their beer lines?

Nope. Never had one. I clean my beer lines after 2 kegs if they are the same beer, or one keg for different beers. I switched to perlick forward seal faucets. They rock!

Any bacteria/etc would have to work their way through 6+ feet of beer line, through the disconnect, and down through the dip tube to get into my kegs, and this is all while fighting the occasional dispensing which would flush out all the beer in the line, and the fact that the fridge is nice and cold which slows bacterial growth way down.

In short, I'm not worried. I clean my beer lines occasionally for the purpose of removing any nasty buildup that might cause off flavors, not because I'm concerned about infection.

Infection from the faucet back is extremely unlikely. I run cleaner through the lines between kegs & brush the faucets when they get sticky. A nipple brush is great for faucets. [That's the baby type, not the babe type.]

Latest posts

Back