SWMBO approved Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chowe

Reaction score
I converted an old TV armoire cabinet to a hidden Keezer that my SWMBO approved. We have space issues that leaves no room for a Keezer, I realized we never turned on the old 34 inch tv that was in this cabinet anymore so I rebuilt it as a Keezer. Used a 5cf frigidaire chest freezer that will hold 4 corneys. Only two taps for now may add a third later.

View attachment 43773

ForumRunner_20120115_163001.jpg

ForumRunner_20120115_163021.jpg

ForumRunner_20120115_163044.jpg

ForumRunner_20120115_163112.jpg

ForumRunner_20120115_163131.jpg

Here are some larger pictures, I still need a drip tray and I am going to put a clear finish on the wood.

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

Absolutely Bitchn. I think this might be the excuse I was looking for to get rid of that 4000 lb tube TV I have, which occupies an armoire at the moment, and go for a flat screen!

Dude I hate you... My swmbo just looked over my shoulder and saw this... She wants me to build one just like this..

Over all pretty sweet

Dude I hate you... My swmbo just looked over my shoulder and saw this... She wants me to build one just like this..

Over all pretty sweet

Me too. :eek:

Way to up the ante.

Now I need to learn carpentry skills.

But all sarcasm aside, this looks awesome. I can't really blame her. It just looks like a helluva lot of work. I don't care if my junk's ugly.

Me too. :eek:

But all sarcasm aside, this looks awesome. I can't really blame her. It just looks like a helluva lot of work. I don't care if my junk's ugly.

It really was not that hard to do, I think I have about 12 hours of work in it so far.

Any pics of the build?

This thing is amazing. My swmbo keeps saying how ugly my kegerator is. She would love it if I could hide it like this.

I did not take any pictures of the build unfortunately. It was not that hard, I started buy removing the old TV and cleaning all the stuff that was stored in the caninet. I than removed the back panel, shelves in the lower cabinet, and the shelf the TV sat on. I than installed the Freezer from the back offset to one side to allow room for the CO2 tank to be stored in the lower cabinet.
I decided that I would not use the lid of the freezer and use a removable bar top to access the freezer. I than built a collar to allow a ball locks to fit on the freezer hump, installed the tower that I built for the faucets. I used a board covered in chalk board paint to make up the difference of the old TV shelf and the new bar top. I than used bead board to trim out the cabinet and built a shelf for my glasses. I Used 2 under cabinet lights wired through a door switch so the lights come on when the doors are opened.

IMG_4377.jpg

Very nice looking setup. And where did you get that beer sampling caddy? I haven't seen a round one like that before.

That was a gift, I believe a woodworker makes these in his garage. I think he has a web site, I will try to get the address and report back.

Nice - I think I could even get that one approved by the SWMBO. I have one of those Armore's in my sitting room. Holds a bunch of crap and a printer. Would be much more productive as a kegorator.

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice! How do you add/remove the kegs? Does the chalkboard come off?

EDIT: For some reason the pictures weren't coming through in the first post. Now I see what's going on.

Are you circulating the air up into the tower? Did you use straight shanks or "elbow" shanks like for towers?

Yes, I am using a 120 volt 80mm fan to move the cool air to the tower. I used 5 inch straight shanks, if i did it again I would use 3 inch or elbow shanks.

Hey Chowe, How is the seal between the bar top and the collar?? Do you lose any cold air in between? And did u just use weather strip to make the seal??

I used weather stripping between the bar top and the collar. I also used a piece of rigid foam on the bottom of the bar top to insulate it.

Back