Did Your SWMBO Throw Up for Chicha?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justibone

Reaction score
Mine was looking a little green while watching the Brewmasters episode on chicha, but she held it down. Anybody else?

Ha, naw mine was wrapping Christmas presents, but did look up and ask me, "do you think you'd drink that?". I just shrugged my shoulders.

We watched American Top gear instead. Back in August when we were discussing DFH chicha, in the Thread below, she looked over my shoulder and read the description of the beer. She has a delicate stomach and even that description made here green. She couldn't even look at the previews for the this episode.

One of my co-workers who knows I brew saw the episode and asked me about it. HE looked like he was going to puke.

If I blow my nose and it sounds a little 'busy,' SWMBO gags. So naturally, the Chicha episode was not a household winner, haha.

She kept it down though. :rockin:

At some point my family was watching Dirty Jobs and the episode about Decomp and Entymology was on. We managed to have dinner through that episode and didn't have a problem with the Chicha episode. I wonder if we're normal sometimes.

SWMBO is in a medical field, but not nursing. She has to deal with some gross stuff, but drinking corn beer made from other people's saliva... that's a bridge too far!

Yes, if your SWMBO drinks the chicha, you win. You totally, totally win.

You WIN!!!!!!!!! :mug:

Did she like it?

Yeah, she did. We were both surprised at how much favor it had in it. Also got to try the Bitches Brew and Portamarillo at the brewpub so so far I'm 3/3 on beers featured on the show, and we got to meet Luke from Epic while he was there filming the episode, and he bought us a round. :rockin:

There are some advantages to only living an hour and a half away from the brewpub.

nice. :mug:
Did they bottle any of the chica? Can you buy bottles of *****'s brew and other still?
What are they running for cost?
Wouldnt mind getting my hands on a couple bottles to try, Including the chica!!!!

nice. :mug:
Did they bottle any of the chica? Can you buy bottles of *****'s brew and other still?
What are they running for cost?
Wouldnt mind getting my hands on a couple bottles to try, Including the chica!!!!

They have the Bitches Brew up here in Vermont still about a week ago. 12 bucks for a 22oz. I have not tried it, but I am guessing they are sold out of it now.

mine was drinking my version of BM's Cream of three crops and since I had mentioned there was corn in it to her in the past, she threw her beer out and said she couldnt believe I would make her drink such a disgusting thing. LOL! Its funny how she assumed that a corn based cream ale and chicha were the same thing. LMFAO! It did sadden me to see her throw out a beer though.

Nope, she thought it was neat. It was funny to hear her say that her spit was better than mine after the spit testing section.

We watched American Top gear instead. Back in August when we were discussing DFH chicha, in the Thread below, she looked over my shoulder and read the description of the beer. She has a delicate stomach and even that description made here green. She couldn't even look at the previews for the this episode.

One of my co-workers who knows I brew saw the episode and asked me about it. HE looked like he was going to puke.

Sunday night is starting to have some potential between these two shows, although American TG is not as good as the BBC one. I have hope for it though.

So who else thought "I wonder where I can get a recipe?"

My wife didn't do too well with that particular episode.

She kept saying "Why don't they just make it the way they make it NOW? It seems like they're just doing it this way to be gross!"

Honestly, I couldn't really argue with her. lol

Mine TRIED the chicha. I win at SWMBOs.

Mine would too, as long as I didn't tell her what it was first. :D

I think anyone who isn't familiar with the brewing process is going to be a bit grossed out by it. Those of us who know that the boil takes care of the gross stuff get to reap the benefits.

I will be very interesting to see if they end up trying a large scale batch of this in the future.

I do like the fact that Sam brought up brewing it at the Milton brewery, 150 people to chew the corn to make a few hundred cases. It would be interesting to see them do it again...

Back