4 tap faucet positioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shildebr

Reaction score
I ordered 4 Perlicks the other day, they come in on Tuesday. I'm going to be installing them on an over/under refrigerator.

I'm debating on how to orient the faucets. I've photoshopped two different orientations onto this picture to see how it would look. Either two and two as shown on the top, or equal spacing as shown on the bottom.

I'm looking for some input to see which one you guys think looks best.

Thanks for the input!

3909254843_36729ece2c.jpg

Put them up higher toward the top. When you install a drip tray (allowing room for taller glasses, it will be at the perfect counter height or close.

I'd consider going even higher than where you are now.

Put them up higher toward the top. When you install a drip tray (allowing room for taller glasses, it will be at the perfect counter height or close.

I'd consider going even higher than where you are now.

I would definitely put them higher up, but what I can't decide is if I should space them all evenly, or if I should space them two on the left and two on the right.

The advantage to two left and two right is that I leave room for an emblem in the middle, and have the option to add a 5th tap if the need should arise.

Just wondering which looks better.

If you think you are going to add a fifth tap, then leave them apart. Will five kegs fit in that refrigerator?

I personally like the evenly spaced look. Sorry I misunderstood your question.

I would mount them so the top of the handles are just a few inches below the top of the door.

Both of your locations seem too low to me, and I also like the look of even spacing.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm not necessarily looking to see how high to place the faucets, I think I have that figured out. I've separated my two options into separate photos to avoid any further confusion.

Option 1
3910351518_f7e127c16e.jpg

Option 2
3910351522_ac9b3bb067.jpg

Which one do you like? Looks like I've got two votes for option 2 so far...

I'm happy with this setup on my kegerator. The only bad thing is that if you have tall tap handles, the freezer door will hit them when you open it. Solution 1: don't use long tap handles. Solution 2: Get a latch for the freezer door to keep your drunk friends (and drunk you) from accidentally opening up the freezer and pouring beer everywhere!

I like this tap spacing, but kind of wish I'd left room for one more tap. The space in between is nice, and definitely mount them a little higher so you have room for a tall glass and can set it on the drip tray.

DSCF0187.JPG

I like the look of 2 better.
I like the option of a fifth tap but personally wouldn't put a sticker on my kegerator. When I did mine I just put one more tap in than I thought I'd need/use.

Solution 1: don't use long tap handles. Solution 2: Get a latch for the freezer door to keep your drunk friends (and drunk you) from accidentally opening up the freezer and pouring beer everywhere!
Solution 3: Use a bracket to physically connect the fridge door and freezer door together so that one cannot open without the other. You could also use a bracket that attaches to the freezer but goes behind the fridge door (not connected) so that you can open the fridge without opening the freezer, but you can't open the freezer without opening the fridge.

BTW,
I think both options look fine. If you think you might want a fifth tap ever, leave a space for it. Also, make sure you space your taps for your drip tray and not the other way around. The 19" tray that everyone uses will accommodate 5 taps and is $15-20. Normally, drip trays of this size are $$$$.

I like the four in a row look better too.

...and echo the nix on the Iowa State sticker. If I saw a kegerator with that sticker on it, I would be wary as to the beer coming out of it. Figuring, this guy has poor taste with NCAA sports teams, his beer taste CAN'T be much better.

Perhaps you could put a Gator sticker in the middle instead...

Higher and closer together. Spacing them out looks good until you find you need two drip trays (or one really expensive tray).

If the door is reversable, there should be a covering over the hinge well.
Find a threaded rod at home depot and cut to size. Use some nuts and washers to properly space and secure it.

This will join the freezer and fridge doors together in a seamless manner.

I prefer #1
Clean and uniform. As stated earlier, clocer together to use a smaller driptray is a bonus, they do not need to be more than 2-3 inches apart.

Back