Joining the ranks of logo/label attempts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewin_Bob

Reaction score
Any critique would be greatly appreciated. I'm a software developer, not an artist. Please be gentle. :D

kings_full_logo.png

I'm not really sure why the the colors in the cards are overlapping. But hey - it's your beer and your design! Sick neck logo.

I think it might look better if you had pics of king facecards. You could always shoot a couple pics of the cards & use a program like photoshop to manipulate them into the position(s) you want them in. Just my 2 cents worth. Regards, GF.

+1, that's what I was thinking. I was also thinking that he might want to be a little careful with the KKK thing going on there

You woulda thought Bob might have spotted that! :cross:

You are right. As soon as you pointed that out it all went wrong in an instant to me. Sorry Bob :(

Edit: you could remove the K's and just have three King pics on the cards, that would look great!

Looks good, but a little bland. Think about color scheme. If you want to do cards, do the blacks and whites in a deck of cards. Also, make the text horizontal. Sideways text is near impossible to read.

Thanks all for the replies!

I used Inkscape and the overlapping colors are due to the fill that I used. For the kings, I didn't want just a plain fill. But, as you can see, the fill I used didn't have the effect I wanted.

@LGI and Parker - Dammit, no, I didn't catch the possible 'KKK' reference, I guess mostly because I knew what I meant. But now I see what you mean. That's the good thing about having outside eyes "proofreading" your work. I wanted the Ks on the card so that the name 'Kings Full' would make sense. Would the same 'KKK' implication be there if the Ks were accompanied by a king graphic? Thanks for the catch.

I like the idea of scanning a playing card in or even forming the hand and scanning it in like that. Think I'll give that a try.

I originally intended for the logo to go on the side of the bottle, but I agree that it would look better on the neck. With that in mind, would the arc of the "hand" be better the other way? Errr, smiley face instead of frown?

Thanks all for the help.

Yeah, I reckon this design is for the bottle neck, and should be smiley side up. Some graphics of the kings would certainly hide the accidental KKK reference.

I like the idea of scanning a playing card in or even forming the hand and scanning it in like that. Think I'll give that a try.

If you do a google image search for "king playing card" you're going to get more images than you could use in a lifetime. Or try "kings full house" and you'll get plenty of hands I bet.

Latest posts

Back