Strawberries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accroul

Reaction score
I have 4lb strawberries in my freezer. Is there anything I can do with that amount, or should I wait until next season when I'll be able to gather more?

Gather more, or purchase some frozen strawberries and add it to the ones you already have.

You need a good amount to make a decent wine, so unless you are making only 1 gallon, I would wait. You can also use fruit puree from Oregon to supplement you fresh strawberries.

Good Luck.

Salute! :mug:

One gallon of wine is all i need! Thankyou for the links Yooper.
Now all I need is some extra vessels!

I can't make everything at once!
I am making a cider in 1 1G, and 'soggy cardboard' in the other 1G.
Now I also want to make strawberry wine, plum wine, so mead might have to wait.... I will have more strawberries after Xmas (I grow my own!) though.

maybe this is not the right place to ask, but I was looking at Yooper's links and was wondering about the correct way of doing the primary. The intructions say (after everything else) to cover & stir daily for 7 days. If I do this in a pail type setup, does that mean that I cover the pail with it's lid? or do I cover it with something else?

You can just cover it with a clean towel, secure it with a bungee cord or something. You just need to let the co2 out and keep bugs and what not out.

Yes, use a towel, and stir regularly. The wine will benefit from O2 during the first stage of fermentation. I do all my wines and meads in a bucket covered with a towel. Once I get the gravity where I want it, I rack to a secondary.

Back