Can/Should I Hook up a keg carbonated beer without a C02 line?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylja06

Reaction score
Basically I did all priming in the kegs, as was advised while waiting for shipment of my kegerator. Should I be hooking these up without C02 originally, or hook the c02 line and let it sit at 10-12 PSI?

Very new to kegging so apologies if this is a silly question. Just unsure whether I can get my c02 tank filled today, then realized I'd ask to make sure the combined pressures wouldn't screw anything up.

I would not bother, if the kegs are carbonated and under pressure, you might get a few beers before running out of pressure. Just not worth the effort. You won't hurt anything trying if you are so inclined....RDWHAHB

Basically I did all priming in the kegs, as was advised while waiting for shipment of my kegerator. Should I be hooking these up without C02 originally, or hook the c02 line and let it sit at 10-12 PSI?

Very new to kegging so apologies if this is a silly question. Just unsure whether I can get my c02 tank filled today, then realized I'd ask to make sure the combined pressures wouldn't screw anything up.

I go without co2 while serving all the time. That being said it doesn't hurt anything either to have it hooked up. My kegerator only holds four kegs so the overflow kegs go into a chest freezer. I serve those with a picnic tap with no co2 hooked up. Just gotta hit them with gas once in a while. I can usually get 4-6 glasses before it needs hit again.

If my keg is over carbed I don't use co2 until I have to. Other wise the co2 stays on it until/if foam issues arise, the I cut the co2 back off.

Just my
twocents.gif

pb

Back