What do you drive?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Current ride is 2004 F150 FX4
Previous Ride is 2004 Subaru STI (miss her dearly)

The wife drives a 2011 Subaru Legacy

IMG_0382.jpg

Heat_1_A (149).jpg

1990 Volvo 245
1984 Volvo 242 Turbo

The 245 is my DD, it gets a lot better mileage and can fit way more junk in the trunk. But I do think the 242 is just a little prettier:

P1010088.jpg

1993 Toyota Corolla LE (luxury edition...I have power locks and windows!) 163k miles

Unfortunately I have a leak in the transmission, so I have to keep an eye on the fluid level. Hoping it will last me a while longer!

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. First Jeep ever, don't think I'll ever stray.

SWMBO drives a 2007 Nissan Sentra sport. Needless to say hers is our road trip car.

2003 E350 extended van
2013 Corolla
2003 Expedition - Ol Lady
2013 Rav4 - Ol Lady
2002 Focus - Son's car (needs motor thanks to his discovery of burning out)

I just bought a new car. It's ridiculous. I had no reason to. But I got one.

A 2013 Subaru WRX. My first turbo...dear lawd, why'd I wait so long?!

WRX on Unaka.jpg

Dogs and WRX.jpg

Kind of interesting.
I would have figured on a few more car guys on here.
Nothing wrong with the car choices, but I figured there would be more gear heads on here.
Must be a few more guys that like to have cars they can turn wrenches on and "improve".

Beard: Check
Engineer: Close, computer geek
Airlocks: Gotta sniff 'em all!

Daily driver is a 2001 A4 1.8t w/Quattro.

Retired to the garage for some well-earned rest and restoration: my '87 944S.
porsche_944_s_coupe_1.jpg

Ride my bike to work and back 20 miles a day 365 in the NW, automobiles are for wimps!

Like many others here, it seems, I drive a Subaru.

It's getting a little long in the tooth, though, and the wife and I have been discussing a car purchase for a few months. The car still works fine, but it is a '98 and things could start going awry any day now. I want to at least have come to a consensus on a replacement before things become intense.

Bedlam said:

My next car will be an STi hatch for sure

Kind of interesting.
I would have figured on a few more car guys on here.
Nothing wrong with the car choices, but I figured there would be more gear heads on here.
Must be a few more guys that like to have cars they can turn wrenches on and "improve".
I haven't updated it in a long time, but you might want to take a look at my build thread for my truck.

I just recently bought a 1994 Miata. Talk about a fun car to drive. Soon it will be my daily driver, I can't wait. I've been messing around with interior work, but I'm still not comfortable working on the engine by myself, especially since I'm going to rely on this car for transportation. Thankfully, my step-father is a mechanic who owns a shop. ;)

I just got my car back from the accessories guy. I got a subwoofer, an amp and the windows tinted. Did I mention that I'm ridiculous?

El Hubbo has officially declared it a mid-life crisis. I think it is cheaper than a boyfriend. And, as I pointed out to El Hubbo, he can at least play with the WRX. He couldn't have played with a boyfriend. :D

I did name the WRX, though. "Angus" Yeah, I was drinkin' when that happened. :rolleyes:

2008 BMW 535xi is daily driver.

2000 Trans Am in the garage being rebuilt. After it's back together plan on trading it for an older 4x4.

Just bought a 2013 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited tonight. Our second Subaru and way sportier than our 03' outback that we traded in.

2008 Legacy GT Spec B is my current car.
My first car is the blue one, 1968 Mustang, 95% restored by my father and I. It's gone now (I regret not buying it from my dad every damn day).

I'll try to find better pictures of the Mustang.

IMAG0414.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

63026_1395244769301_840223_n.jpg

I've got some actual pictures of the car somewhere but can't seem to find them.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
3'' Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension
ARB Bullbar w/ Warn 8000i winch and Hella 700FF
BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A 285/70

I keep gas stations in business.

97 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2010 grey Impala. No frills here. I do have a couple of Harley Davidsons in
my garage if that counts.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
3'' Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension
ARB Bullbar w/ Warn 8000i winch and Hella 700FF
BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A 285/70

I keep gas stations in business.
I'm curious, are your running a straight 3" lift or the coils with the higher spring rate for the accessory weight?

I'm curious, are your running a straight 3" lift or the coils with the higher spring rate for the accessory weight?

Its just the straight 3'' Medium on front and back. It does just fine with the accessory weight in my opinion. The "Medium" is a good compromise between off-road performance and highway driving-which I do a lot of. Although, it does "nose dive" a bit if you slam on the brakes in traffic.

Some subi's in here. I have a 06 STi, that is down for the moment waiting on a new throttle position sensor. Stage 2, 3" catless downpipe to 3" catback, it is civilized cruising, but when you get on it it sounds great! I love AWD cars as I had a few b5 s4's.

I guess maybe I am one of the gearheads. DD is an 05 Honda Civic. Best car I ever owned. 176,500 miles and drives like new, and yes I am a commuter. In garage is a 1980 F250 truck that I rebuilt. Also a 1969 Chevelle SS that I rebuilt. I drive my truck on my days off to give the Honda a break.

I guess maybe I am one of the gearheads. DD is an 05 Honda Civic. Best car I ever owned. 176,500 miles and drives like new, and yes I am a commuter. In garage is a 1980 F250 truck that I rebuilt. Also a 1969 Chevelle SS that I rebuilt. I drive my truck on my days off to give the Honda a break.
Pics of Chevelle!!?? Beautiful cars. I will eventually get a older car to fix up/ work on. I always loved corvettes so that would be nice, but a gen 2/3 (the earlier gen 3's) are pretty pricey. The later gen 3's aren't bad, I'd just have to fix all the interior, wheels, engine/ trans... pretty much everything except the body, well I guess a paint job might have to be done also... So that would be a pretty good project to redo a whole car! I just love beautiful older muscle cars, esp when they are obnoxiously loud. Straight pipes are a must!

Daily Driver is Chevy Colorado 4X4 extended cab (jump seats are totally worthless, but cargo space is handy). Weekend car is a '59 Triumph TR-3 with a 3/4 race engine. Fun in the sun, but I'm tired of trying to keep it running (the pieces falling off are of the finest British design...). Looking to replace it with an F355 (red of course).

Me: an 04 Mazda RX-8

Her: an 03 Miata SE

DDs for both of us for over 8 years now. I love the rotary in the RX-8. 9,000 rpm redline! It's getting a bit long in the tooth though with almost 127000 on the clock. I might have to part with it in another year or so.

Back