apple cider recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOB

Reaction score
Having a party next weekend to watch the Buckeyes kick the crap out of Michigan. :D

I want to make some hot apple cider. I dont have time to home brew anything since I just decided today to have the party.

Any good recipes you guys\gals have tried? I know it's probably not too hard to make some good stuff. In the past I have had some good hot cider that was strong (dont know what was in it) but you couldnt taste the liquor it from the heat of the liquid. That's what I'm going for.

Any suggestions welcome.

you wont be able to get away brewing anything that will taste good

buy a bunch of bourbon and dump it in some cider

mmmmm

that's sort of what I'm going for. something easy. I dont know what liquor goes with apple cider, Im not really a liquor guy.

Do I add cinnamon and spices or anything?

:mug: Get some rum and make some homemade Hot buttered rum batter, I got a recipe using some vanilla ice cream,man it was good withh floating a pat butter on top. Sorry you won't be in the BCS title game against OREGON (Nike U.) Hopefully we will be there, West coast kind of get screwed when USC doesn't run the board.;)

this is what i would do, i would get a bottle or two of bourbon or brandy and some good old apple cider.

simmer some cinnamin sticks with a small mixture of the liquor and cider, i would say about 1qt.

thatll give you some good cinnamin flavor

then add that to the cider in whatever youre going to it warm up in, and add more liquor to taste

ive done both brandy and bourbon, depends on what you like, the brandy gives more of a holiday taste/feeling, and the bourbon will make it seem right to drink the concoction on any cold day. they will both warm you up for sure!

cheers :mug:

You can dress up your cider just about any way you like. Rum, turbinado or demerara sugar and a cinnamon stick or two would make good additions. I've had good luck using an old coffee percolator to keep cider warm for a crowd.

Personally, I'd add Armagnac or Laird's Applejack to the cider along with the demerara sugar, cinnamon and possibly a little nutmeg and hold at 130-140F for serving.

Chad

I'm a newbie just getting my bearings in the homebrew world and cruising the cider recipes when I saw this post. Every Christmas we make hot spiced cider and let people lace their mugs with Laird's Applejack and it's pretty darn good. It's apple brandy mixed with grain alcohol with some apple flavoring . . . . it gives a nice kick and complements the cider well. Rums and whiskeys tend to dominate your palate and turn the cider into a rum or whiskey drink instead of a cider drink.

Back